Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Actuarial Science help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've applied to the University of Warwick for a maths and actuary course and I was wondering whether anyone whos into actuary has any helpful advise to give.

regards,

Shuja.

What sort of advice you looking for?

DT

Hi Shuja,
I advise u to explain ur query plz...

Ace

hay my sister is doing acturial maths, wot kinda advice u looking for?

Hey guys,

Sorry i wasnt able to reply promptly, i had a few exams in the past week. Anyways i was just wondering if anyone had actually heard of the University of Warwick and their actuary course, btw asiansmile is ur sister stuying actuarial maths in pakistan, and if so where are the classed conducted. I was also wondering if there is any scope for actuary in pakistan?

shuja.
derivativetrader<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shuja</i>
<br />Hey guys,

if anyone had actually heard of the University of Warwick and their actuary course

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

University of Warwick is a good school and is ranked in Top 10 UK undergraduate studies. I know a couple of people who graduated from this course from warwick last year and both didn't find any difficulty in getting graduate contracts. (One of them needed work permit too).

I know people from this programme in past have gone to all sort of career paths but majority of them sticked with professional services, i.e. ACA or FIA/FFA.

However, since Warwick University is based near Birmingham and most of the finance jobs are located in London, so you may find it bit convenient if you go to a school in London. The only exception to this rule is Oxbridge, ofcourse.

Feel free to post more queries.

DT
yes, i also wanna knw if one can study acturial sciences from any institute in pak..n bout its scope
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by going concern</i>
<br />yes, i also wanna knw if one can study acturial sciences from any institute in pak..n bout its scope
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

To the best of my knowledge, Karachi University has started recently a bachelors programme in the Actuarial Science. But this programme has not yet manage to gain reputation/affiliation with any professional institute/body that offers actuarial qualification, hence, no exemption/credit to this BSc. graduates. To get more info. about this programme log a research on this forum and you will find account on this.

Again, lots of discussion has been done in past on the scope of actuaries.

DT
AOA
to every one

I would like to do acturian cources/certification can somebody guide me that from where and how i will do it.
I did
BSc Mathmetics, Statistics and Computer Sciences
MSc Economics (Econometrics, Mathematical Economics)
MBA MIS and (Finance Continued)
my email is mursaleen.chawla@yahoo.com

Currently I am working on SAP

Thanks and Regards

Mursaleen Chawla