Accountancy Forum

Full Version: AccA Pakistan varient
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aslam alaicom Friends"

i am student of ACCA part 2.
AccA has launched pakistan varient in law and taxation recently.
i want your help about

AccA scope in pakistan if i opt to ENGLISH VARIENT (ENG law and tax).
please also guide me the scope of acca in pakistan if i opt PAKISTAN VARIENT(PAK law,tax).
if i want to be CA from pakistan then what will be the impact of these two papers on my examption of CA papers due to AccA

PLS GUIDE ME IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE I AM IN MUCH TROUBLE
i shall be very thankful to you

Allah hafiz

FAIZAN AHMED

Faizan Ahmed
A.O,A
Choosing PK Variants for LAW and TAX instead of ENG (law) and GBR (tax) wont have any impact on the Exemptions Policy. Rather choosing PK Variant significantly will help u in preparing for the CA Papers, Specifically in E16(Corporate Laws) and F20(advanced taxation).Actually whether to opt for UK Variant or PK variant depends upon the aims of different Individuals. If ur aim is to remain in Pakistan then definately u should choose PK Variant, As it will be more fruitful and Choosing UK variant will proove to be Futile Indeed!!.

CAUTION.
By choosing PK variant in TAX Paper u will not b able to attempt paper 3.2(advanced taxation) in ACCA as it is not offered in PK variant.Still there is no need to really worry as paper 3.2 is optional.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

Edited by - desert sleet on Jan 30 2005 115745 AM
Hi Dear,
u can claim same exemptions whether u opt for Pk stream or Uk stream in Tax and Law papers...these two papers donot have any impact on scope of ACCA in Pk...because after doing ACCA u cannot serve as a tax consultant here in Pakistan...and definitely u ll not be a lawyer...so taxation and law of ACCA makes no changes to its value in Pakistan...you can join only accounting as ur profession...
but Pk variants will definitely helpz u in final examinations of CA...

Ace