Accountancy Forum

Full Version: withholding tax 10%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wht will be the effect of incrase 10% withholding tax...on the travel agents, and commission base servics in respect of ...travel agencies, and turism of pakstan...ur comments are welcome
regrads
bye

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the money travel agents make, I don't think there IS withholding tax as most of them work for themselves. But either way these increases would be (as always) passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices.
If you mean travel agents who work for an agency, that would involve withholding and would reduce the individual agent's income. This could lower the number of travel agents as they seek higher wage jobs or reduce their ability to buy things and therefore affect the economy that way. Or the agencies could increase the agents' wages and pass that along to the consumer.
Either way I figure there would be an impact on the country. A SMALL impact but an impact nevertheless

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!