Accountancy Forum

Full Version: PROOF of MARTIAN CIVILIZATION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A "brick" object was discovered on Mars,
with size about 120x120x20 mm.

What are the chances that such an object was formed by coincidence? They are far less than for 10 lottery drawings in a row, to produce the same numbers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PROOF

1. Chances of a naturally produced rock of about 10x10x3 mm being a rectangular shape, are less than 1/10, we know it from observations on the Earth and of Mars pictures.
It is a rule of statistical physics, that
p(V2) = p(V1)**(V2/V1)

in out case V2/V1= (120*120*20)/(10*10*3) = 956
p(V2)=<1.0e-956

Let us say that every pixel on the 1000000 of Mars pictures could be a rock; it gives N=1.0e+12 rocks

Expected number of rectangular rocks of volume V2 then would be N*p(V2) = 1.0e-944

What it means is that if it were a coincidentally formed, to get the picture of a brick that we have, we would need to photograph Mars about <google in power ten> years in a row, which is still about <google in power ten> times longer than our universe have existed

http//qt.exploratorium.edu/mars/sp...00P2519L7M1.JPG

the brick is on the upper left

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
very interesting topic DS.

Have you read about the human face on the martian surface which can clearly be seen from a good-sized telescope.

check out http//www.nmia.com/~sphinx/mars_face.html

I say that these are all coincidences my friend, the universe's full of them.

There are so many stars and galaxies in this universe that even with a probability of 0.000000000000001, you're bound to come up with hundreds of thousands of positive results.

It is impossible to calculate, lacking better data. If you take this as "proof" of an entire civilization, I would suggest that while jumping to conclusions may be an interesting hobby, it doesn't prove much of anything, except that perhaps we should be more careful where we leave our stuff. [D] As the brick is lying in the same place where i left it. [D]

You are right Guybrush the Martian "face" was far more interesting.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!