Accountancy Forum

Full Version: regarding CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
salamz to all. well i intend to do CA if anyone could provide me with information then that would really be instrumenatal.
so there are few questions..................
is CA a real tough job????????????
is dat good enough for females too??????
exact duration of articleship??????
are ACCA and CAT are the modified forms of CA or are somewhat different things?????????????
which sort of job is provided after CA?????????are u forced to move abroad even if u don't want to??????????????
best college of CA In Islamabad with hostel??????????????girls hostel?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by star027</i>
<br />salamz to all. well i intend to do CA if anyone could provide me with information then that would really be instrumenatal.
are ACCA and CAT are the modified forms of CA or are somewhat different things?????????????
which sort of job is provided after CA?????????are u forced to move abroad even if u don't want to??????????????
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
We are most welcome in our field, (CA),

No body know the policy of ICAP (except the Babas e ICAP) about the policy of passing CAs, as far as my knowledge is concerned the ICAP is following the concept of economics of Demand and Supply(remember the pair of scissors, so whenever there is demand for CAs in the market then it will qualify that much CAs according to the market requirement, this is the only reason that CA carries too much worth.

As far as the difficulty of examination is considered then dont worry its not that difficult but only for those who study with hardwork and devotion.Ppl who qualify CA in 1st attempt are also Humans.

Women in accountancy is already a hot topic and has been discussed in detail. Visit the following link to find out more.
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=192&SearchTerms=women,in,accountancy

ACCA refers to Accociation of Chartered Certified Accountants and CAT refers to Certified Accounting Technician. These both are different frm CA in the aspect that they are UK based qualifications accepted world-wide. CAT acts as a Preliminary to ACCA, exactly as the role of PIPFA in CA.

There are two ways to qualify fCA.

way 1
CAT ( certified accounting technician ) 1 year
ACCA (association of chartered certified accountants ) 2 years
CA ( chartered accountant ) 3 years
Training 3 yrs
total 6 years

way 2
CA (icap) 6 years

CAT uk has 3 levels .
level A
level B
level C
(duration 1 year )

ACCA uk has 3 parts and one core examination
Part 1 (exempt for CAT qualified students )
Part 2
Part 3
and core ...

CA (icap) has
Foundation( module A ,B)
Intermediate( module C ,D)
Final papers (module E ,F)
((modules A,B,C,D have exemption for ACCA students)

Now if u want to go for CAT ,ACCA and CA its ok u can do it in 6 years .As mentioned above you only have to go for internship after ACCA to qualify for CA .I hope u did understand me

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
AOA

U have the same questions which we had in our mind while joining this profession. CA is not a difficult job, if u have analytical skills n patience. As far as passing criteria is concerned, ICAP does not pass average student rather they pass brilliant student to maintain the value of CA in the market and I think this is a good thing for us.

The exact duration of articleship is three and a half years.
It depends upon u that which sort of job u want to do, e.g practice (firm), employment in some company etc.
As far as ACCA is concerned, ACCA is good but if u want to settle in Pakistan CA is the best,even if u want to go abroad ACCA is not superior to CA.

In the end I will say dont listen to the failures of this field.

ICAP is the best.
salamz ...
thnx Mr. Ali akbar for the valuable info .well you have pointed out SKANS as the best one but actually the problem is that of hostel .......unfortunately there is no permission for me to move to youth hostel but the proper one.....can you give an information about some college of CA that is provided with hostel no matter whether that college is in Islamabad or Lahore or Pindi...??????????????i will be thankful..ALLAH HAFIZ
thumbsup for u too Desert Sleet..well the site u've mentioned so as to get info about the women in CA ,Can't help much as everyone there has given his own opinion and there is no contribution by any female..so can u provide me with the email add of any Female chartered accountant????????so that i may ask questions directly??????????from her?????????????????i'll be grateful....
Star027 plz check your E-mail Account.

AOA

The problem of hostels exist here in Islamabad. I dont know abt Lahore.
Do u know about Sohab Mushtaq. She has just qualified CA. Her record is impeccable, she secured 4 Gold Medals in Foundation n Final Examinations. She is also from Islamabad. You can better consult her and she will inform you about the problems faced by females in this field. If you could have email address I would have given you her complete address along with her phone number n email address, bcz I dont want to publish it on this public forum.

ICAP is the best.
well my id is 'arcane27@hotmail.com'
anxiously waiting to get her's.......i don't knw much abt her but i think i've heard her name......and that she was the topper......thats it...............................
i wasn't expecting a reply from anyone but u people are really helpful................
thnx again......................
MY GOD !!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT GETTING ANY INFO EITHER FROM SOHAB OR FROM ANYONE ELSE..................[(!] I'VE BECOME SICK OF MAILING EVERYONE AND ASKING FOR HELP HELP AND HELP.............................................................[V]...NOW WHT????????????????????????????????????????????????????
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by star027</i>
<br />MY GOD !!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT GETTING ANY INFO EITHER FROM SOHAB OR FROM ANYONE ELSE..................[(!] I'VE BECOME SICK OF MAILING EVERYONE AND ASKING FOR HELP HELP AND HELP.............................................................[V]...NOW WHT????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Big wave and life wipeouts can seem to last longer than they really are. The longer the hold down the sweeter the air will be when you come up to breathe. So don’t try to rush into, just be patient. I hope they will reply soon, thats all i can do.

As People Say.
<b>"Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments."</b>. Lets hope for the best and if you have any concerns which you find worth discussing then share it with us. [)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by star027</i>
<br />MY GOD !!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT GETTING ANY INFO EITHER FROM SOHAB OR FROM ANYONE ELSE..................[(!] I'VE BECOME SICK OF MAILING EVERYONE AND ASKING FOR HELP HELP AND HELP.............................................................[V]...NOW WHT????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Big wave and life wipeouts can seem to last longer than they really are. The longer the hold down the sweeter the air will be when you come up to breathe. So don’t try to rush into, just be patient. I hope they will reply soon, thats all i can do.

As People Say.
<b>"Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments."</b>. Lets hope for the best and if you have any concerns which you find worth discussing then do share them with us. [)]

AOA

I answered almost all the questions u asked so far, if u have any further query, feel free to ask.

As far as Sohab is concerend she receives hundreds of mails like your's everyday. You will be lucky if she replies to you.

ICAP is the best, impeccably best.
to star,
currently no CA institute is providing boarding, however all three cities ,u mentioned, have some secured female hostels,,,

shahzad
salam

though girls are more competitive than boys but normally girls leave CA after Module D

I believe in ultimate success

Mujahid

<br />salamz to all. well i intend to do CA if anyone could provide me with information then that would really be instrumenatal.
hi every body i think my reply is pretty late but anyways i would still like to share something.
I am studying in NCBMS islamabad the college is average study wise in our times module A was really good but now its average, but i think they have the hostel facilities.

waqas
Pages: 1 2