Accountancy Forum

Full Version: White Box Testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA

I know about the white box testing and black box testing, but can someone tell me what are the four common test of controls used within white box testing?

Waiting for replies from those who have gone through the IT of final exams of ICAP.

ICAP is the best.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br />AOA

I know about the white box testing and black box testing, but can someone tell me what are the four common test of controls used within white box testing?

Waiting for replies from those who have gone through the IT of final exams of ICAP.

ICAP is the best.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Although i dont meet the creteria set forth by you but still here are some ideas from top of my head.

I tested software for about 5 years, mostly doing white-box testing.. I'm not sure what you mean by "controls" though...

In white-box testing, you look to do a couple different things.. maybe these could be the "controls" you were talking about..

1. You repeat the black box test, but with expanded scenarios. in fact, if possible, you look to test all possible scenarios that affect the item being tested. comprehensively testing the logic so to speak.

2. you combine several tests (from #1) together, and test them as a larger scenario. Sometimes people call this integration testing or process flow testing. this leads up to a full end-to-end test where you test the entire process that the system is expected to perform.

3. You test all the back-end stuff, like data feed imports/exports. you make changes to the data to see how it will affect the batch jobs.

4. If there are any upgrades to a specific piece of the system (i.e. a black box change), you perform a regression test (a slight variation of the full end-to-end test) just to make sure that the fix didn't produce any problems in other system processes.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
AOA

Sorry brother I m not satisfied from your answer as your answer is vague.

ICAP is the best.