Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA exemptions enquiry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[I]Hi, everybody

Am a new member coming from H.K. and delighted to find out the accountancy forum on line. I obtained the certification of Graduate Diploma in Business and Management (Malaysia) prior to win the MBA degree awared by USQ (Australia). So, I just have a question how many subjects would be exempted based on the above if I applied for ACCA programme? Thanks for quick feedbacks from you all.
another question to be added-- May I catch up with the exam holding in June'05 if I register as ACCA student in April?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Annie Lu</i>
<br />[I]Hi, everybody

Am a new member coming from H.K. and delighted to find out the accountancy forum on line. I obtained the certification of Graduate Diploma in Business and Management (Malaysia) prior to win the MBA degree awared by USQ (Australia). So, I just have a question how many subjects would be exempted based on the above if I applied for ACCA programme? Thanks for quick feedbacks from you all.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Please can u add a bit on the name of your university . Is it <b>UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND </b>. If so then you can yourself have a look at the exemptions policy. Visit the link
https//www.acca-business.org/pls/ecommerce/eeepl001.p_submit_search?p_zz=DHEGEHDBDBAFEIAA&p_mo=CHOOSE_ESTAB&p_estab_sel=3651

If your degree is not in the list, then its also worthwhile to have a look at the ACCA blanket exemption policies. Visit this link.
https//www.acca-business.org/pls/ecommerce/eeepl001.p_submit_search?p_zz=DHEGEHDBDBAFEIAA&p_mo=CHOOSE_BLANKET&p_estab_sel=3651&p_qual_sel=PER

I hope they will proove to be useful.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">another question to be added-- May I catch up with the exam holding in June'05 if I register as ACCA student in April?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I am sorry i think you are too late to catch up. The last date to apply for exemptions (prior to sitting of June 2005) was December 2005. So likewise your request of exemptions wont be entertained by ACCA and you can only register, get exempted and likewise attempt papers in Dec 2005 attempt.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!
Thanks for you response. Thanks again! Refer to your viewpoint, it seems that I would take time to register for sitting in Dec'05. Additionally, could you tell me how much days the process of exemption can be agreed by ACCA if I register in April?