Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Dr. Aamir Liaqat's Fake Degree & Fraud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[/bold] Musharraf's Blue Eyed Religious Affairs Minister Turns Out to be Dr. Fake ! [/bold]

By M A Siddiqui

Source http//www.satribune.com/archives/200503/P1_fake.htm#top#top
Click on the above hyperlink to see all images mentioned in the article.

KARACHI, March 9 He is the most high profile Parliamentarian of Altaf
Hussain's Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and is also projecting himself as Altaf Bhai's successor, should something happen to the MQM leader in London.

He is the blue-eyed boy of General Pervez Musharraf as the General telephones him after hearing his dramatic preachings on the TV. He is the most versatile preacher of Islamic values and morals on home TV screens round the clock. He is a prolific speaker and a successful fund-raiser for charities. He is a junior Minister for Religious Affairs in the huge cabinet of Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz.

But in addition to all these qualifications, young, dapper and the stylish member of the National Assembly from Karachi, "Dr." Aamir Liaquat Hussain, is a fake and a fraud.

In a stunning investigation by Karachi Urdu Daily “Ummat” it has been documented and proved that Dr Aamir purchased fake University degrees to contest the 2002 general election, forced the Karachi University officials to authenticate these degrees in a single day and prevented any investigations by the newspaper to dig deep into the unavailable records at the University.

The newspaper, however, persisted with the three-month long probe and was able to obtain the copies of the “University” degrees Dr Aamir used to make himself eligible to contest the election for a National Assembly seat on the MQM ticket from Karachi. He won because of the party ticket and when MQM joined the Musharraf coalition, he was made a junior Minister of Religious Affairs in the cabinet.

But his fame came from his TV show on GEO TV "Aalim Online" a religious program in which viewers phone in their questions on Islamic issues and he invites two prominent Islamic scholars every week to answer these personal and social questions. He also hosts other religious programs and General Musharraf and his wife Sehba are so fond of his style of preaching and reciting “Hamds and Naats”, specially during the month of Ramazan, that two years ago Sehba Musharraf called him instantly and told him General Musharraf was crying as he listened to his voice on TV.

Dr Aamir did not have a graduate degree in 2002 and according to the investigation he approached a web site in Spain, The Trinity College & University, which boasts about providing Bachelors, Masters or even Doctorate degrees, without attending any class or college. “Everything by Email” the web site of the College says right on top with the big slogan “Get your degree today.” Click to View Web site

Dr Aamir bought his “Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies” degree (Serial No P-2002227 Dated March 17, 1995), got his “Master of Arts in Islamic Studies” degree (No P-2002341 Dated March 15, 2002) and his “Doctor of Philosophy in Islamic Studies” degree (No P-2002528 Dated April 5, 2002). In what may be a world record worthy of the Guinness Book of Records. He got his Doctorate in just three weeks after his Master's degree, if the documents are to be believed.

Daily Ummat contacted the Karachi University authorities to find out how these web site Email degrees were authenticated in a single day, in writing, by the then Registrar of Karachi University, Prof. NM Aqil Burney. The Registrar received the application from Dr Aamir on August 24, 2002, days before filing of his nomination papers for the NA election and authenticated his degrees though this letter No PA/2002 Dated August 24, 2002. Click to View the Registrar’s letter of authentication

Prof. Aqil, however, did leave some elbow room by stating in his letter that the authentication was “provisional” and the final decision would be conveyed to the applicant in due course of time. That decision was neither needed nor taken nor conveyed to anyone as Dr Aamir had used the provisional certificate to get himself elected to the Parliament and the matter was forgotten.

When the newspaper contacted Prof Aqil later to ask how he could issue the authentication without referring the documents to the Karachi University’s Equivalence Committee, he admitted that Dr Aamir had come to him with degrees from some Spanish University and since these were not degrees issues by his University, he authenticated them on the spot. His answer was unconvincing to say the least. Prof Aqil kept no record of these degrees and when the newspaper contacted the current Registrar to verify whether any such record was kept, no one could trace the file, as none existed.

When the newspaper contacted the Higher Education Commission in Islamabad, the official authority on the matter, to verify whether the Trinity College & University of Spain, which issued the degrees to Dr Aamir, was a recognized institution by Pakistan, Director General Mohammed Javed Khan informed the newspaper vide a letter Dated February 23, 2005 that the Trinity College was not recognized. The letter confirmed the forgery of Dr Aamir and abetment in the forgery by Prof Aqil to facilitate his candidacy in the election. Click to view DG’s letter

Daily Ummat also obtained copies of the degrees Dr Aamir presented to the Election Commission and during the investigation found that the Trinity College had placed exactly similar samples on its web site, offered the same day for a price. (see images above)

The investigation leaves Dr Aamir Liaquat Hussain, MQM Chief Altaf Hussain and General Pervez Musharraf in an embarrassing political dilemma. Musharraf has been promoting Dr Aamir as the heir apparent of Altaf Hussain himself and the way his curve was rising was creating serious apprehensions within the MQM circles as well.

For Musharraf it would be a triple disaster in just a few weeks as Dr Aamir would be the third cabinet minister who has been caught literally with his pants down in the middle of the road.

His supporter, PPP rebel and currently a minister, Faisal Saleh Hayat, has already been asked by the Prime Minister to resign as his bail application was cancelled by the Supreme Court and National Accountability Bureau has to arrest him for unpaid loans. Many other candidates in the 2002 elections were disqualified because they were defaulters of loans but not Faisal.

Interestingly just before the Supreme Court decision to cancel his bail, Faisal Saleh Hayat slipped out of the country and is now residing in London, considering his options whether to return to Pakistan and land in a jail or stay away.

Another serious embarrassment for Musharraf has been the Health Minister in the Punjab Cabinet, Dr Tahir Javed who absconded from Nebraska after causing the worst Hepatitis C outbreak in US history and who had forced his insurance company and the State of Nebraska to pay millions of dollars to his victims who sued him.

Now the show boy of Musharraf, Dr Aamir Liaquat Hussain is in the dock. Scores of seasoned politicians, including former minister Syeda Abida Hussain of Jhang, were either disqualified or did not contest the 2002 polls because they did not have graduate degrees. Now we find that some of those who did, committed a fraud with the law and the people.

The biggest embarrassment would, however, be for his GEO TV channel because he hosts a program which is supposed to teach moral values to its viewers. The host has now proved to be an immoral person himself.

What do I know something about Trinity College & University is that Trinity College & University and other institutes like that provide degrees on the basis of experience which are considered legal (don't know about TCU, depends upon the process of issue of degree). Suppose if you have no degree of painting but you have an experience and you are a good painter, you can ask for a degree in arts on the basis of your work and telent.

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================
I suggest that you visit the following website of Trinity College
http//www.trinityeducation.com
If you look @ their main page, there is an icon called "View Cart". This sort of icon is available only on Shopping website !! Further, click on this link to look @ their fees
http//www.trinityeducation.com/degree.html

Which college in the world lets you have a "Bachelors Degree with Honours, a Masters degree, & Doctorate (PhD)" for a lame $500 (that’s Rs 30000). Even the most lame & dumbest college in Pakistan would have more ENTRY FEES for a PHD degree! Are you telling me that everyone in the world can get a PHD degree while sitting in their HOMES based upon THEIR PAST EXPERIENCE for a subject like ISLAMIC STUDIES! What past experience did "DR" Aamir have ??? Did he write a widely acclaimed book or a thesis on Islamic Studies before getting this FAKE PHD degree! If thats how things should work, than I think all those people who spend years studying & working to get a PHD degree are Morons & should leave everything & claim a PHD degree based upon their past experience.

If it is LEGAL to get a PHD degree on past experience, than why weren’t the OLD POLITICIANS of our country allowed to get a PHD degree from trinity college in POLITICAL SCIENCES based upon their past experience. After all, they have EXPERIENCE of DACADES in Pakistani politics. But they were not allowed to contest for the NA elections but this DR. AAMIR was. How do u explain that?

Furthermore, the "college" in question is NOT EVEN recognized as a "college" or "degree awarding institution" in SPAIN where it is located. Than how do u expect the HEC (Higher Education Commision) of Pakistan to VALIDATE this degree. The HEC doesnt even recognize the CA (ICAP) degree as BAchelors !! Leave alone PHD. So, someone who spends 6 yrs of his life for CA is not even a GRADUATE & this Dr. Aamir is a PHD based upon his PAST EXPERIENCE!

In a letter, the HEC later said that it DOES NOT RECOGNIZe any degree from Trinity College http//www.satribune.com/archives/200503/fake2.jpg). I think this proves beyond ANY DOUBT that Dr. aamir is a fraud. He cheated his way into the National assembly. And I think that proves that he is no different from ANY OTHER POLITICIAN. Whats more DISGUSTING is that he is supposed to be a PREACHER of MODERN ISLAM. Is this modern Islam? ---- CHEAT YOUR WAY TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY by LIEING to 140 million people day & night. And preach them ISLAM while you are lieing to them everyday on your FAKE PROGRAM on the nights of Ramazan!

I just think that Dr Aamir should be given a NOBEL PRIZE for fooling MILLIONS OF PEOPLE & playing with their religious teachings. I cant understand how people can still support him.
After reading your comments, I was just thinking that I should also get a bachelors, masters & PHD degree in "Accounting & Finance" based on MY PAST EXPERIENCE now (I have an experience of almost 5 years). That would certainly qaulify me to become a member of our "GRADUATE" national assembly. [D][D][D][D][D]

If you all will vote for me, I will make sure that once I become a National Assembly member & a minister for education, CA's are recognized as PhD's & given a minimum salary of Rs. 100,000. How about that? And I'll even make sure that ICAP is forced to release its marking schemes!! [D][D][D][D][D][D]

PS I wont however, ban ACCA's. (I honour the votes of minorities. So all you ACCA's dont forget to vote for me as I am the only person who can take care of your minority rights) [D][D][D][D][D]
Wow, this is shocking. Just goes to show how low the "leaders" of our country could sink just to get a little bit of power.

---------------------------------------------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
I am no fan of the Doctor, but just wondering, isn't he a medical doctor to start with. ? Why did'nt he use his MBBS degree for election purposes.

Ofocurse, it goes without saying, getting a PHD in this manner and then packaging it so... tch tch .... and I thought getting the OXFORD BROOKES MBA (ACCA) just did not exhibit the fact that one's been through a decent MBA programme. I wouldn't mind spending 500 $, do they dole out degrees in astro physics or genetics for that matter
Didn't he go to the Trinity college in the UK?? I remember reading that in the press sometime ago.
Even I thought that he had studied from the famous Trinity college in London (which is I guess in Oxford or Cambridge University). But now I am not sure WHAT he is. I guess all the hype about him being a world class debator must be false too. All I am sure about is that he is & was a MQM politician. This just shows how much the "politicians" in our country are willing to do to get power.

I do however give him a lot of credit & I seriously think that he should be given another PRESIDENTIAL AWARD. Afterall, he was the one who realized that in Pakistani politics 2 cards never fail. "Religion" & "Communal grounds". He capitalized both these pretty neatly & managed to get power, fame, MONEY, female admiration, you name it!. He is just a classic example of how people exploit the masses in our country. But whats supprising is that this FAKE DR. managed to fool & exploit the so called "educated" URBAN masses & even our dear PRESIDENT !! (who reportedly cried after watching his fake acting on TV...Sheesh !). Whats even more SHAMEFUL is that this guy is relegious affairs advisor of the "Islamic Republic of Pakistan" !

I wonder if the "modern Islam" he & General Musharaf have been trying to bring in teach its followers to LIE & CHEAT like that.

PS Its good to read your replies again Pracs. Welcome back!

PPS Where are all the adherent supporters of Dr. Aamir who called people like me mad when we tried to tell you about the FAKENESS of DR. Fraud. Any comments now?
Dear Pracs,

They role out degrees in EVERY possible subject imaginable! Just go to their website http//www.trinityeducation.com

Even I am thinking of getting multiple PhDs in diverse fields like Astro-physics (I went to the Pia Planetarium twice, so I think that should qualify me for the PAST experience), Accountancy (I have been studying accounts since the last 5 years), Finance (Oh I am a good investor! Just take a look at my portfolio!), Adolescent Physcology & Behavior (Well, I think that after trying to explain the fundamentals of this subject to my parents for the last 7 years, I have reasonable PAST EXPERIENCE), Human Resource Management (I handle 3 servants under me, so I do have PAST EXPERIENCE)..........

.....the sky is the limit (as long as u have money in your pocket!)

If it is correct, it is disgusting and shows the bottomness of the socalled leadership of this country. Leaders, though from the same people, are supposed to show the way. It takes strong will and charater but this is how true leadership emerges and Thats why these are leaders.
We certainly had no visionary after Jinnah and we have a serious leadership crisis.
Again I say with qualification, if its true its criminal and this person should resign.

http//s4.invisionfree.com/AccountingWorld/
AOA

i am agree with the comments of u people but i want to add just one thing that fake degrees can be used in any way of life but we should care especially about our religeous matters as they are not just for getting fame by doing some acting on the screen.
this is all because we have forgotten our next life which will solely depend on our present deeds.
may God forgive us
you are talking about politician i would say ordinary people like you and me are fake chetars ofcourse our leadrs will also be the same coz they are among us.
yaar inn chotee chotee baaton pe kkyun waqt zaaya kartey ho haan,
dr.aamir liaqat ki taqreer sunee hai kabhee,
baaton me dum hai and he has the knowledge to be an islamic scholar,
pehley usski taqreer suno phir baat karo bewaqoofon.
Dear Zubar-acma-acca,

I wonder how u would feel if I came up with a fake CA (Pak), ACCA, ACMA, CMA, CFA ....degrees and took over your job.
A religious leader is supposed to be showing other people the way to lead a life under the path told by Allah (the mighty). If he himself is immersed in fraudulant activities to make name, fame & money in THIS world...what guidance will he give to the people who look on to him for religious guidance? ....SHEESH !

Why should I listen to his "TAQREER"?....what is he going to preach me? How to get fake degrees & fool 140 million people?
Dont degrade the word "Islamic Scholar" by associating it with a person like Dr. Aamir.

And, I also dont understand the logic of people who tell others that look...there are worse people then him. Maybe he might be a good political leader. But bear this is mind....MQM will not take you to the gates of heaven....so atleast dont BLINDLY follow him just becoz he happens to be a political leader. Learn to differntiate your political views from your religious views please & then come and call us "bewaqooofon".
Dear AvgJoe,
Why are u so against Dr. Aamir Liaqat, first of all he is not a religious leader, He has vast knowledge of Islamic History, As far as the matter of the fake degree is concerned, that can only be associated with the crieteria to become MNA, not with the Islamic Scholar, Take the Example of Molana Modoodi, Molana Yousuf Ludyaanvi etc. Have they got any PhD. Degree from anywhere? but we still call them the great scholars of Islam. So dear dont be so against Him.
As you said <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">A religious leader is supposed to be showing other people the way to lead a life under the path told by Allah (the mighty). If he himself is immersed in fraudulant activities to make name, fame & money in THIS world...what guidance will he give to the people who look on to him for religious guidance? ....SHEESH ! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Dear being muslim, not only the religious leaders, we are also supposed to follow the Islam, Islam says, "Agar tum kissee kee burai dekho to us par parda dalo, na keh us kee tash'heer karo",
Sorry dear, we should look into our garebaan at first.

SMR
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8