Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Euthanasia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Euthanasia, or mercy killing is a very controversial topic, and has recently been debated a lot because of the whole Terry Schiavo case. What do you people think? If there are little chances of a person coming back should they be put to rest or should they be allowed to continue with whatever excuse for a life they have?

---------------------------------------------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
I can say for myself, I wouldn't want to lie there a vegetable. May Allah have mercy on us all
Everyone should have a living will. I feel that killing is wrong unless specified in a will. I think like donor cards their should be something you can sign to say you would want to be put to sleep or not. [V]<b></b>

one is the case in which person is actually dead, but is relying totally on machines for survival n all food n medicine is provided through it. if these machines r removed, he can survive for not a single minute. in this case, i support euthanasia. bcoz it is bbetter to die rather thn to put burden n tension upon ur beloved family mmbrs.

another form of euthanasia is tht in which person is not relying upon machines. he is okey, n living like normal ppl, but is suffering from deadly n incurable diseases eg AIDS, cancer, etc. he or she is in extreme pain n misery due to it. such person may get wiling to give up the life n die so as to releive himself or herself. generally, this action of killing is taken with the help of doctor or hospital etc. i donot know the actual process, but some similar sort of steps r taken. personally, i donot support this form of euthanasia, bcoz person is not dead actually. this is equivalent to suecide.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
Well, in the first instance it may not be suicide, since its just mahcines and other life support drugs that are being injected in just to keep that person alive ''biologically''. The second instance would ofcourse be a ''text book suscide'' not permissiable in Islam. The person commiting suicide is said to be condemned until the hereafter

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by the_farhan</i>
<br /><font face="Verdana">
euthanasia includes several situations tht should be dealt differently.

one is the case in which person is actually dead, but is relying totally on machines for survival n all food n medicine is provided through it. if these machines r removed, he can survive for not a single minute. in this case, i support euthanasia. bcoz it is bbetter to die rather thn to put burden n tension upon ur beloved family mmbrs.

another form of euthanasia is tht in which person is not relying upon machines. he is okey, n living like normal ppl, but is suffering from deadly n incurable diseases eg AIDS, cancer, etc. he or she is in extreme pain n misery due to it. such person may get wiling to give up the life n die so as to releive himself or herself. generally, this action of killing is taken with the help of doctor or hospital etc. i donot know the actual process, but some similar sort of steps r taken. personally, i donot support this form of euthanasia, bcoz person is not dead actually. this is equivalent to suecide.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Everything is up to interpretation and every situation is different. I think euthanasia is fine if the people are willing or are not able to return to life. if machines are the only thing keeping you alive, then you are dead. if the family and friends agree to pull the plug, then they are the ones who would be affected.

There is little difference between removing any kind of life-sustaining measures and say, lethal injection. THe latter is more merciful in many cases, and should be an option for those who are going to die anyway and are in severe pain/not having a life beyond the hospital bed anyway.

It happens off the books already. Doctors in one state are allowed to write a lethal dose of medication, and in others doctors do so quietly. Or let on how much of their regular meds could do the job if taken all at once.

In the long run, there is no one way to determine what is right and wrong. Everyone has varying opinions on what's right and wrong.