Accountancy Forum

Full Version: actuarial sciences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
hi, can anybody plz refer any private institutions or tution teachers in karachi for acturial sciences....besides how much harder is it to do acturial sciences provided i am unable to get through any institutions or private teachers...i knw ku an cbm are offering bsc in risk managemet, but i am actually refering to being registered through the SOA/CAS and studying privately....
According to Securities and Exchange Commission Act,1997 it is the function of SECP to promote education relating to insurance see clause f(d) of sub section 4 of section 20 of the said Act.

The extract from SECP Act are as follows
"to promote the establishment and development of professional and educational organizations connected with insurance business with a view to improving the quality of insurance services in the country"

Accturail science is obviously related to insurance business so it is the statutory obligation of SECP to work in this connection it is also the duty of Commission to promote establishment of educational institite for the promotion of accturial scinece. But I wouder why SECP do not ful filling its obligation.
Hello Faisalz,

i have read your post and want to tell you just to get answer of your questions please do visit following three links at youtube. these posses all answers for your questions.

links are

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WMtUUd1Pv8
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzC81dTPJUA
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGc4x_H1LVo&feature=related

still need info ......visit wikipedia

thanks[)]
be sure that u are grounded superbly in math-stat before venturing into demanding foray of actuaries... which has sweetest fruit but after hard n hard toil
Hey, I always come across this forum when searching for information regarding Actuarial Science. Finally, today I read all the posts and think the one who started it all has done all of us a great favor.

My name is Adnan and I'm doing my A-Levels. I'm in my second year which will end in a few months and I'm seriously considering a career as an Actuary. This is not because of knowing that the pay is huge but because I have a great interest in Mathematics. My current subjects are Mathematics, Accounting and Economics

Now in Karachi only CBM and KU offers BSc in Actuarial Science and Risk Management. Now CBM has started this program from last year and I wonder whether It is a good idea to go there as it's in a beginning phase while KU already has this program for several years now

So i wanted to know whether KU is associated with SOA or IOA and whether it's a good place to study Actuarial from. I mean after all KU's bad reputation precedes it but i've heard that the Actuarial Department there is decent.

I've also been thinking of studying Actuary privately and giving 2 papers and then joining a insurance company for the Actuarial Training Program. Is this route better than KU or CBM?

I would be obliged if someone guides me. Thnaks!

My e-mail address adnanaltaf@live.com
I wanna know does LSE offer actuarial sciences?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adnan123</i>
<br />Hey, I always come across this forum when searching for information regarding Actuarial Science. Finally, today I read all the posts and think the one who started it all has done all of us a great favor.

My name is Adnan and I'm doing my A-Levels. I'm in my second year which will end in a few months and I'm seriously considering a career as an Actuary. This is not because of knowing that the pay is huge but because I have a great interest in Mathematics. My current subjects are Mathematics, Accounting and Economics

Now in Karachi only CBM and KU offers BSc in Actuarial Science and Risk Management. Now CBM has started this program from last year and I wonder whether It is a good idea to go there as it's in a beginning phase while KU already has this program for several years now

So i wanted to know whether KU is associated with SOA or IOA and whether it's a good place to study Actuarial from. I mean after all KU's bad reputation precedes it but i've heard that the Actuarial Department there is decent.

I've also been thinking of studying Actuary privately and giving 2 papers and then joining a insurance company for the Actuarial Training Program. Is this route better than KU or CBM?

I would be obliged if someone guides me. Thnaks!

My e-mail address adnanaltaf@live.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Adnan,

I haven't studied at either of these universities but would generally recommend doing a degree from university and then proceed your professional career. Besides a degree would provide you with general maturity in life it would also give you a platform should you wish to change your career.

Good luck!
DT
What is job market of acturial science in Pakistan..
Hi
Is doing a bachelors degree in actuarial science from Malaysia, specifically UCSI(a private Malaysian university), better then studying it in Pakistan that is Karachi University?
Financially i am restricted and hence i cannot afford to study in countries such as USA, Uk or Canada
Thanking You
Nael
hi DT,
i want to know how to start studying actuary here in karachi.. like i know there are no institutes so should i just get registered for it and order books from abroad? how will i appear for exams? i didnt get how can we sit for exams from home.. specially when theres no electricity in our country.. i hope ur getting it.. pls reply...
i just want to know that i m ACCA Affiliate and working in a bank. How to start actuary science..from where i can get books.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Shafaat
The accountancy is the best account detail forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10