Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Big v/s small firms and ford rhodes v/s taser hadi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(A)i want to ask a few things regarding this topic.(big v/s small firms)

(1)what is the advantage of taking articles in big firms as compared
to small firms.
(2)some people have advised me that in small firms u have to do a lot of work which helps u to learn more as compared to big three.is it true.
(3)if opportunities to learn more are better in small firms then why everybody wants to be in big three.

(B)Another enquiry which i want to ask is that which firm is better between ford rhodes and kpmg.if u are given the option to pick one,which one will u choose.

Replies from the seniors will be appreciated.

bilal
I would say always go for the branded firm, especially if in the LT you intend to either switch careers or relocate to another country.
But why(DT).

bilal
Dear, Firm does not matter a lot. It is more important that you work hard and try to learn every skill during your article. In small firm i think there is one advantage that is you get ample time for your studies which will help you in qualifing your exams which is the most important. Once you qualifiy the things bocome the same.
take care

Kamran Abbas
---------------------------------------------------------------------
quote- Dear, Firm does not matter a lot.

-----------------------

My Dear Firms Do Matter a Lot!
Its the Firms which gives u the Exposure into the Business World.You certainly Cannot Compare a Chartered Accountant from the TOP 3 with A CA from any other small firm.

fahim
i believe the ultimate aim of every student of icap should be to qualify.it should not matter whether u are in known firm or in a gumnam firm.

But the fact is something else.everybody wants to be in ford rhodes,ferguson or kpmg.i still dont know why.

bilal
quote-
i believe the ultimate aim of every student of icap should be to qualify.it should not matter whether u are in known firm or in a gumnam firm.

But the fact is something else.everybody wants to be in ford rhodes,ferguson or kpmg.i still dont know why.

bilal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bilal You are right. The Aim of course is to qualify but not only to qualify.You should become a well trained professional after your articles.
In the ICAP Newsletter of March I saw Job Vaccanciec For Qualified CAs From TOP4.If there is increased Demand for CAs from TOP4 then Students will obviously prefer the The TOP4.

fahim