Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Ranking of firms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MR AKBAR
IF YOU SUMMARISE MY WHOLE PREVIOUS REPLY YOU WILL FIND THT I AM OF THE OPINION THAT FIRM IS GOOD WHICH ALLOW YOU TO STUDY TOO ALONG WITH ARTICLES. I M NOT OF THE OPINION THAT SMALL FIRMS ARE BETTER THAN LARGE ONES. ELSE REMAIN TO QUALIFY AND SECURE MEDALS, THOSE ARE EXTRA GENIOUS AND HARDWORKER STUDENTS AND THESE THINGS DOES NOT MATTER FOR THOSE. I AM TALKING ABOUT A NORMAL STUDENT NOT OF THOSE WHO ARE SECURING GOLD MEDALS.

MAKE SURE THAT I AM NOT GIVING ARGUMENTS AGAINST YOU. I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE MY OPINION MORE CLEAR.

REGARDS

imran
I wouldn't agree with Imran myself, I think there is just no alternative to a Big4 training. As far as passing the exams that takes a lot of planning, smart studying, relating your work to your studies and vice versa and yes most important of all making good use of the study leave. Not loosing sight of your objectives is a pre requisite.

I'd say it would be stupid of any one to have forgone a Big 4 training if one had the choice. However, if one is unable to get a training place, it does not make sense in wasting time and trying to get in by being on a list or sign up for thank less internships.
I totally agree with you.

imran
AoA

I am not joining I have joined. There are several reasons

If you are aware about the situation of AFF Islamabad, then you will understand why I have joined KPMG, and why not PWC. Remember I am not talking about PWC Karachi.

KPMG Islamabad is a rising sun. They have expanded their business with a very fast pace. It is perceived that KPMG Islamabad is ahead than KPMG Karachi. All of the clients of AFF have been captured by KPMG. Remember one can learn alot in a developing organization rather than a developed organization. If you complete your articleship from a developed organization, no doubt you will have excellent skills but what if you go to an organization where there is no system and you will have to start from scratch. Now if you have completed articles from a developing organization you can work in any system, but it doesn't mean that there is no system in developing organization. There is alot of exposure and learning in KPMG Islamabad. The only challenge is to qualify during articles. Inshallah that goal will be achieved.

ICAP is the best.
What Ali means is that with a growing firm (potential of winning new clients etc.) one may get more opportunities compared to one at saturation point. For instance as a Senior or a Semi senior you may get more chances to head jobs independently and so forth. Anyways I don't see much of a difference in the working style of any of the Big 4's (having myself worked for Coopers and Lybrand, PwC, Deloitte. and EY) as long as long as the global methodology is being followed.
Pages: 1 2