Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Ranking of firms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AoA

Different people rank firms in different sequence. Like some poeple say, PWC is at first, KPMG is at secong and FRSH is at third. Some people say that KPMG is at first, PWC is at second and FRSH is at third.

What is the basis upon which the people rank these firms?
If it is the clientage, then what benefit can students take from big clientage. I admit that they/we get more exposure through big clientage and consequently more learning, but what about the studies time? Having a big clientage means, you will have to do more work, more pressure and hence less time for studies. I m having opportunity in both PWC and KPMG for articles in Islamabad. KPMG has already called me before my result. So, which will the best for me? I wanna distinction in Final Exams. So please guide me.

I will appreciate replies from seniors, especially those who have gone through CA articles with big firms.

ICAP is the best.
aoa Ali

simply U should go to a lonely place...dont think of any person...and ask ur heart...the first reply will the solution of ur problem...and REMEMBER TIME AND CHANCE WAIT FOR NO ONE...
My best wishes r with u for the distinction...

I BELIEVE IN ULTIMATE SUCCESS
Hello everybody!!

Ali i sugest you to go to PWC.Though KPMG is very good But PWC is more a branded firm as compared to KPMG. Had I been in your position I would have opted PWC!!

BEST Wishes

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ICAP IS THE BEST

fahim
AoA

Thanks for ur replies.

If someone, who is your source of inspiration, about whom you admit that had he not been your teacher you would not have been able to get distinctions, who is your role model say to you that Ali KPMG is best for you, don't think about here and there. Wt will u do? I admit that one should take decisions by himself, but I can't take the sir's decision for granted.

ICAP is the best.
PwC is got a much bigger network than any of the other Big 4 in Pakistan. I mean its got the most number of qualified members around. That at times is also a factor for future career referals. Having said all that, I think having trained at any of the Big3 in Pakistan counts very much the same.
The basic objective should be to Qualify. I dont thing the firm matters. So in my point of view the firm which lets you to get time for your studies is best.

imran
AoA

So in your books FRSH is at the top then?

ICAP is the best.
i don't know
Mr. Imran
These firms have their own credibility. it really matters if you complete your article from AF Ferguson or somewhere like Jamal & Co. Oppurtunities are more and your cv gets some extra advantage by just the name of the firm.
Believe me it helps.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mujahid Islam</i>
<br />aoa Ali

simply U should go to a lonely place...dont think of any person...and ask ur heart...the first reply will the solution of ur problem...and REMEMBER TIME AND CHANCE WAIT FOR NO ONE...
My best wishes r with u for the distinction...

I BELIEVE IN ULTIMATE SUCCESS
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

mujahid i cant help myself laughing seeing your reply!!!
is he taking a romantic decision that you suggested him to go to a lonely place and hear the voice of his heart...lolz[D][D][D][D]

«•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
«................. Fahim .................»
«•´`•.(¸.•*(¸.•´ `•.¸)*•.¸).•´`•»
aoa

ha ha ha

very interesting reply

u see fahim, there is no other way...

so, for taking ur own decision, u have to believe in urself

I just believe in ultimate success

Allah Hafiz
you are right bur while decicing about one's career one must consult one's seniors!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ali Akbar</i>
<br />AoA

Different people rank firms in different sequence. Like some poeple say, PWC is at first, KPMG is at secong and FRSH is at third. Some people say that KPMG is at first, PWC is at second and FRSH is at third.

KPMG has already called me before my result. So, which will the best for me? I wanna distinction in Final Exams. So please guide me.

I will appreciate replies from seniors, especially those who have gone through CA articles with big firms.

ICAP is the best.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

SO What have you decided Ali!
Where to go??

Mr XAK
You are right but to qualify from a good reputed firm is much tough. Notice that higher percentage of Chartered Accountants are those who qualify from midyarker or small firms.
In my opinion ACA matters more in CV than from xyz & Co. I am also from a Young firm in Islamabad (Shahid Tariq & Co). Here i am able to give 4 hours daily to my studies. So its helpful for me. Some of my X class fellows are in Yousif Adil and believe me that normally they return to home at 1 or 2 am. So just tell me that how one can get time for studies if he spends 14 to 16 hours in firm? Its simply not possible. Though they have a firm name in their CV along with ACA but if they are going to qualify in 10 years is that justifiable.

So in short the firm which gives you time to study and has low working hours suits you immaterial of the fact that it ranks to which no.

imran
Hi Fahim I decided to have my articles from KPMG rather than PWC. AFF called me, but I told that I can't join.

Mr Imran

Survey the market you will find most of the ACAs from big two. You say that in big firm one can't study! Is Irfan Ghani, who secured 4 gold medals in one sitting, completing his articles from small firm? No. Has Khalilullah Shaikh, who secured 5 gold medals in one sitting, completed his articles from small firm? No. Moreover there are many many examples who qualified during articles with big firms.

ICAP is the best.
Pages: 1 2