Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Comments of Budget 2005-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<b>Hi friends. I would like to put some comments on facts and figers given in budget. U are also welcomed to participate.</b>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">With the Growth rate 8.4 Pakistan has become the second fast growing economy of Asia [)].<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Insha-Allah Pakistan will grow more. Gaining a growth rate more then 2% of target is an outstanding acheivement.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Increase in water supply development fund is by 64%.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Pakistan is facing problems in water supply. (This amount don't include any sum for KALA_BAGH DAM). Govt should clean up the dams and peorify the sea water to meet the needs of water.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">125% increase in the use of mobile fonz with more then one karor connections.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I am one of those people who were able to buy fone+connection. Thanks to the govt from me [p]. Well it provided a lot of employment to Pakistanis. Repair and sales shop. Old sets business (theaft ones too). Mobile software business etc.
Govt is also responsible of breaking monoply in this sector which has changed the situation positively.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">21.7% growth rate of insurance and banking business.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Now 80% of banking business is in the hands of private sector which was sometimes 8%. A real goods impect on economy.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">This year 2697 companies started business in Pakistan.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think it shows an increase in business activities and it must have increased employement and investment both. 52 of these were foreign companies.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">NTEVTA will train more then 3 lack youth every year.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Now Pakistan is doing what Chaina had done years back. A positive step towards the development of Pakistan. Loss of telent was un-bearable.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">One village, One product will improve production of the country.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
An attempt to increase GDP rate. Increase in production is the key to development.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Misc insentives for employess.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Minimus salary and pention are set at 3000 and 1000 respectivly.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Increase in salaries, pay-scales, allownces and pentions. Govt is aware of inflation rate!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">6.2% increase in housing business.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This sector provides employment not only to trained and educated people but more to untrained and uneducated people. And at a big level. It will grow more in future because it is not suffeciant still. Companies from Malysia, Dobai, Great Britin are investing in this sector.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Garment cities in Lahore and Karachi.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Production cotton yarn has increased by 18% and cotton cloth is by 28.45%. Govt is interested in its more growth for which it has taken these steps.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Withholding tex will be charged on withdrawl more then 25000.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
That will probably increase the level of saving in rich people.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">17% increase in govt income through CBR.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<b>I know these comments are very short and fast but due to exams (going on) I could not discuss/study the budget in details. In the last I will say that budget is looking positive to me.

I am really happy that tax rates on SMOKING are increased but I couldnot understand the same increment on HOME MANUFACTURED CARS.

I hope it will bring more growth and development in Pakistan. Whatever government is there, it should work for Pakistan.</b>

Read poetry on topic "Accountancy.com"
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1513&whichpage=28

======================================================================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
all is juggling of figures

zee khan
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shahid_fss</i>
<br /><b>Hi friends. I would like to put some comments on facts and figers given in budget. U are also welcomed to participate.</b><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> Now, this is an interesting thread

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shahid_fss</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">With the Growth rate 8.4 Pakistan has become the second fast growing economy of Asia [)].<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Insha-Allah Pakistan will grow more. Gaining a growth rate more then 2% of target is an outstanding acheivement.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Good to see such a high growth. But i think you should wait for the survey published by ADB. Becuae usually the rates of the Eco Survey of Pak published by the govt. and published by ADB.
Plus you see the growth rate of GDP must not be conisdered in isolation the factor of inflation must be weighed with it. So say we believe the above figure and agree that the growth rate is 8.5% on the other hand the inflation is 11% that takes the actuall grown to negative. As pays dont increase people actually suffer by losing the Purchasing Power.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Increase in water supply development fund is by 64%.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Pakistan is facing problems in water supply. (This amount don't include any sum for KALA_BAGH DAM). Govt should clean up the dams and peorify the sea water to meet the needs of water.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Did you know that Pakistan plans to provide 'clean water' to "big cities" by 2010 as stated in vision 2010. I really wonder what comes in under the catagory of "big cities" and i also worry that this amound of increament might not help the poor (who suffer most) in coping up with the water shortage prob.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">125% increase in the use of mobile fonz with more then one karor connections.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I am one of those people who were able to buy fone+connection. Thanks to the govt from me [p]. Well it provided a lot of employment to Pakistanis. Repair and sales shop. Old sets business (theaft ones too). Mobile software business etc.
Govt is also responsible of breaking monoply in this sector which has changed the situation positively.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">This is good, really good. I think same must be done for rest of the industries, like the auto industry so that the protectionism of the industry must finish and people can have access to better facilities.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">21.7% growth rate of insurance and banking business.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Now 80% of banking business is in the hands of private sector which was sometimes 8%. A real goods impect on economy.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">You see there are less than 10% of foreign banks opperating in Pakistan and have extreemly minute network of their branches, yet they are able to skim more than 70% of the profit of the bankin sector. I think we need some reforms and some real experts in this industry.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">This year 2697 companies started business in Pakistan.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think it shows an increase in business activities and it must have increased employement and investment both. 52 of these were foreign companies.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Very good sign. We do need entreprenures desperatly.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">NTEVTA will train more then 3 lack youth every year.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Now Pakistan is doing what Chaina had done years back. A positive step towards the development of Pakistan. Loss of telent was un-bearable. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> This might not help stoping the brain drainage which is the major cause of loss of talent. We need better education institutes and structure to absorve the graduates of such insitutes.
Setting up institute alone might not help as graduate may not find jobs.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">One village, One product will improve production of the country.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
An attempt to increase GDP rate. Increase in production is the key to development.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I think PPP must be consider and not to forget the inflation. GDP, as said earlier, alone is not quite an effective KPI

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Misc insentives for employess.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Minimus salary and pention are set at 3000 and 1000 respectivly.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Increase in salaries, pay-scales, allownces and pentions. Govt is aware of inflation rate!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I think the rates you quoted above were the same in the previous budget. Are you sure this step has been taken keeping in mind the inflation

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">6.2% increase in housing business.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This sector provides employment not only to trained and educated people but more to untrained and uneducated people. And at a big level. It will grow more in future because it is not suffeciant still. Companies from Malysia, Dobai, Great Britin are investing in this sector.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
We need to provide houses to poor. Increase in the sector due to the trade and speculation of the businessmen is not as good as you say it is i guess. It has now become more difficult for a average pakistan to own a house. So what has increase provided to a common man.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Garment cities in Lahore and Karachi.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Production cotton yarn has increased by 18% and cotton cloth is by 28.45%. Govt is interested in its more growth for which it has taken these steps.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">For some reason we stress to much on the textile sector its not bad. But the point is we have fierce competition from CHINA. If we lose the business in the international market we have no other sector to back us up. besides the articles in economist and other business related papers have clearly mentioned the threat our textile industy has from the WTO implementation. I think we should spend this money on boosting another sector.

I'll skip the tax portion for the time being. I'd some reading before I comment on this
Participation of more firms/companies (specialy foreign ones) will increase compition (like they did in mobile communication sector and it will probably provide cheaper homes to average people. Lets seee what happens this year.

Read poetry on topic "Accountancy.com"
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1513&whichpage=28

```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk