Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Need help: Whether to go for ACCA, CAT or B.Com?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Assalam-o-Alaikum,,,
.....I Need Your Help ABT ACCA....I Just Gave Exams Of Inter Commerce And Now Waiting For Result....And Now I Want To DO ACCA...But I m To Confuse To Start ACCA from CAT or B.Com....Will You Please Tell Me Which Is Better For Me In ACCA...Please.... WAitin FOr YOur Reply...!
Friendship_Never_End@Msn.Com
bye...
Take CAre
Allah Hafiz

Nomi....!
Start CAT.
Do B.Com alongside ACCA.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Friendship_Never_End</i>
<br />Assalam-o-Alaikum,,,
.....I Need Your Help ABT ACCA....I Just Gave Exams Of Inter Commerce And Now Waiting For Result....And Now I Want To DO ACCA...But I m To Confuse To Start ACCA from CAT or B.Com....Will You Please Tell Me Which Is Better For Me In ACCA...Please.... WAitin FOr YOur Reply...!
Friendship_Never_End@Msn.Com
bye...
Take CAre
Allah Hafiz

Nomi....!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You have two main options

Option one
Complete your B.com and then go for ACCA
Two years to complete B.com plus 2.5 years to complete ACCA
TOTAL duration (option 1)…………………4.5 years

Option two
Complete CAT and then go for ACCA (claim exemption for part one of ACCA on the base of CAT)
1.5 years to complete CAT plus 2 years to complete ACCA
TOTAL duration (option 2)……………………3.5 years

I would recommend you to go through CAT route because on the base of CAT you will be exempted whole of part one in ACCA as well as one year of time saving.

Sajjad Dar
I thnink CAT=>ACCA....
it is good & time saving.....
heyyyyy welcome bank sumaan

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.
Thanks ali4u3

More than half of CAT is computer based too (examinations).. By the way, CIMA and ACCA are 'conceptually' different. ACCA is based on 'financial audit' while CIMA is 'managerial accounting'. Although, both have a diverse syllabus and cover almost all aspects, but then again, as you move towards their final stages, you realize their examinations are based on the 'core' aspect of the designation (ACCA or CIMA).