Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Why Pakistani Don't Wrote Standard Books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<font face="Times New Roman"></font id="Times New Roman"><font size="5"></font id="size5"><font color="maroon"></font id="maroon">Hello and Salam to all first of All
And the Question I wana ask to the professional Accountants of Pakitan that what the Reason that all the Professional books recomended by the Major Institutes are Written by the Mostly Foreign or Not Far but Indian why do pakistani professional dont write books which are able to Manage and equalize the Internationl Accounting Standard

Tariq Lodhi
AOA TariqLodhi
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>ABBAS ALI MIRZA - profile
Abbas Ali Mirza is the chairman of UNCTAD’s Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards of Accounting & Reporting (“ISAR”), to which position he was elected at the 21st session of the “ISAR” held in October 2004 at the United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (“UNCTAD”) in Geneva.

He is an author of globally renowned books on International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. in the United States of America and distributed worldwide (currently entitled “WILEY IFRS 2005” and “WILEY IFRS Workbook”).

He is in the forefront of the International Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards movement in South Asia and is a well-known public speaker and commentator on “IFRS”, international auditing and various contemporary finance issues and is widely published in accounting and
business journals and interviewed by the media on these issues and is well known for a business column (entitled “BOTTOMLINE”) he wrote for over two years for a leading English newspaper in the Middle East.
He is a partner at Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) based in Dubai and handles audits of major international and local clients for the firm. He is also responsible for regional functions such as technical consultation on complex accounting and auditing issues and heads the Learning function for Deloitte, Middle East and is a member of the Global firms’ EMEA Learning Executive. He has had a distinguished career in accounting, auditing, taxation and business consulting and has worked for international audit and consulting firms while in the United States of America.
He currently holds many positions of repute in the accounting profession globally including
· Member of the Developing Nations Permanent Task of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC);
· Member of the Accounting Standards Committee, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI);
· Vice-Chairman of Auditors’ Group, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI);
· Technical Adviser to the Gulf Co-operation Council Accounting and Auditing Organization (GCCAAO);
· Chairman, UNCTAD’s Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards on Accounting & Reporting (ISAR);
· Member of the Consultative Group of Experts on Corporate Governance Disclosures, United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD); and
· Member of the Consultative Group of Experts on Corporate Social Responsibility,
United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD).<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Regards

Mahtab

Don't mention special cases

I know why

Foreign writer write in a team
If you open a foreign book always try to see its page 'about the author(s)' and 'Acknowledgement'.
You will see a list of persons and every one is expert in his work. They dont write, the teach. They make us understand. A whole team works to simplify the book (material) after the writer has done his job.

Know in Pakistan a single person or maybe two and a publisher.
Usually books are writen in question answer form (notes)
Such as "What are the benefits of accounting?"
Answer;
1-**********
2-**********
3-**********
4-**********
5-**********
THE END

After five points with a little detail, which may be like this, question is gone;

Benefit Recording of transactions
Details We can record transactions by using accounting mathods. (bye bye)

Thats the detail of point.

When questions like this are available to students they dont learn, they do rata. If a single question comes out of book (but according to sylabus) they are fail.

If a b.com student writes 100% according to book he gets 40-50% marks. It means the author has been given 50% marks. Its the efforts of students that they collect material from other sources, and mix something they know their self and they become able to get over 60% marks.

============================================================================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
============================================================================
the issue of copy rights and IP could be one reason
Don't know much about C.A books and their authors, but we do have Pakistani authors. Sir Jawed Zuberi has his own books on auditing.

Apart from C.A, I've heard that Dr.Ata-ur-Rahman's books are being used as course material at the Oxford University, UK.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumaaan</i>
<br />Don't know much about C.A books and their authors, but we do have Pakistani authors. Sir Jawed Zuberi has his own books on auditing.

Apart from C.A, I've heard that Dr.Ata-ur-Rahman's books are being used as course material at the Oxford University, UK.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
okay so out of whole Pakistan if suppose 20 people do write good books that still is a very low number. YOu see the majority of the books written are sub standard. And that is what our friend here has tried to point out.
Thankyou for sharing valuable information, though.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mahtab</i>
<br />AOA TariqLodhi
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ABBAS ALI MIRZA - profile
Abbas Ali Mirza is the chairman of UNCTAD’s Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards of Accounting & Reporting (“ISAR”), to which position he was elected at the 21st session of the “ISAR” held in October 2004 at the United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (“UNCTAD”) in Geneva.

He is an author of globally renowned books on International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. in the United States of America and distributed worldwide (currently entitled “WILEY IFRS 2005” and “WILEY IFRS Workbook”).

He is in the forefront of the International Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards movement in South Asia and is a well-known public speaker and commentator on “IFRS”, international auditing and various contemporary finance issues and is widely published in accounting and
business journals and interviewed by the media on these issues and is well known for a business column (entitled “BOTTOMLINE”) he wrote for over two years for a leading English newspaper in the Middle East.
He is a partner at Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) based in Dubai and handles audits of major international and local clients for the firm. He is also responsible for regional functions such as technical consultation on complex accounting and auditing issues and heads the Learning function for Deloitte, Middle East and is a member of the Global firms’ EMEA Learning Executive. He has had a distinguished career in accounting, auditing, taxation and business consulting and has worked for international audit and consulting firms while in the United States of America.
He currently holds many positions of repute in the accounting profession globally including
· Member of the Developing Nations Permanent Task of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC);
· Member of the Accounting Standards Committee, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI);
· Vice-Chairman of Auditors’ Group, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI);
· Technical Adviser to the Gulf Co-operation Council Accounting and Auditing Organization (GCCAAO);
· Chairman, UNCTAD’s Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards on Accounting & Reporting (ISAR);
· Member of the Consultative Group of Experts on Corporate Governance Disclosures, United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD); and
· Member of the Consultative Group of Experts on Corporate Social Responsibility,
United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Regards

Mahtab

Sorry to disspoint you Mahtb, But Abbas Ali Mirza, is not a Pakistani by any stretch. He is an Indian-American (must be by now). I have worked with him for around three years during my stay at Deloitte's in Dubai, so can vouch for that !!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ehson</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumaaan</i>
<br />Don't know much about C.A books and their authors, but we do have Pakistani authors. Sir Jawed Zuberi has his own books on auditing.

okay so out of whole Pakistan if suppose 20 people do write good books that still is a very low number. YOu see the majority of the books written are sub standard. And that is what our friend here has tried to point out.
Thankyou for sharing valuable information, though.

That was just to name a few that I myself know. I have a pretty limited knowledge. I am sure there are many out there. But true that many books are sub standard.
Ok guys i promise you that one day you will find all accounting books written by Sajjad Ahmed Dar and team...

Sajjad Dar
well, as far books of IASs are concerened they are published by IASB. i have examples of standard books written by Pakistani authors on accounts and other professionals as Zubairi, S.A.Salam, Khwaja Amjad Saeed,etc. they are authors of inernational standards.

Ibri
the same same reason behind u not wrO(e)ting standrad sentences [D]

---------------------------------------------------------------<font face="Courier New"><font size="1"><b>
Y is the WorLd so full of ..........FOOLs ?????? n y am I one of them (
[Wink]</font id="size1"></b></font id="Courier New">
Well to this forum, i would like to mention that this is one of the basic questions asked by many ppl. I think there are genuine reasons, we do not have sufficient advanced knowledge and if we have knowledge we do not know the methodology to write. Secondly we do not have the attitude, funds and other resources for research (which is baack bone of every knowledge-based activity, whether it is book writing of equipment manufacturing. In most of the cases liab. are not found and if they are, books are outdated. Price is another matter. PPL do not want to invest in the books coz we do not have our attitude towards books. We can spend 500 on dinner but cannot on a good book. all these issues make situation even worst for the persons who are struggling hard to remain in the scene. We have to change our attitude and should have ambition for knowledge.

Regards.

------------------------
Be careful! Words speak....
Here are possible reasons....

Could it have something to do with the type of exposure these professionals get in the industrial/ financial world in Pakistan?

The Western authors aim to look at best standards, which generally speaking are practised/ born out of Companies in the west - UK/ France/ Germany/ America...

Also, the Accounting Standards in force in these countries have been practised, studied for londer than in Pakistan... UK has long since been renowned for its stance on financial reporting.

Is it not part of the cultures in these countries that leads them to go and write.... See point above about best practises. (sp?)

Also, there is subsidy and support for many writers that write as part of their advanced studies, publishers want to promote their material as other professors are already aware of their stance, style and knowledge. Therefore, feel more comfortable promoting their material than an unkown from Pakistan.

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk
You have nailed it right on spot. I feel that prime reason for the absence of an intelligensia of scholars in Pakistan is the absence of scholarship and Universities worth their salt to be able to retain high flyers in their profession. Until recently, I feel the 'silt' of every profession were the teachers (low paid),. In a scoiety as such, little creative work can be expected.

Having said that, I feel that things are changing now, with private funded Universities and Schools of learning coming all over the country. Let's not forget that the Harvards and Yales of this world are privately funded.

In our profession, in the west, most 'chairs' and scholarships are actually funded by large corporate houses and even by accounting and consulting firms ! Perhaps has as the corporate world matures in Pakistan, similar trends will be seen.
I do not agree, last night i watched a discussion program on PTV, "Campus". they had a discussion with UET, Taxila students. All of the students were of the opinion that the university lacks funding, teachers are old-fashioned, they have no facility for research, they do not have any hostel facility or have bad facility, lack of post-qualification job, rattaism and studies are not set to test the concepts etc. this is the situation of one of the most renowned uni in Pakistan. Think about your institute as well. We lack availability of proper and comprehensive study material, ICAP test rattism and memory and not the skill and attitude. I can tell you a horrible actual example as well but this would hurt the gold medalists. What to do else when you have to survive in this barrier-creating society for the rest of your life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are a politician then you are a lier, but if you are a lier you may not be a politician!
Pages: 1 2