Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Should I join E&Y Bahrain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA,
I would like to ask my seniors for some advice as quick as possible. Here in Bahrain worlds famous firm Ernst & Young is running many programs on Accounting and Finance do you people think that ACCA (4YR F/T) with them is a good idea i mean are they recongnised as teaching institutions?

Please reply i am waiting Thanks
Salam
MSIN, Ernst & Young are a big 4 accounting firm with offices in most countries of the world. visit the following

www.ey.com

EY would probably be an accredited ACCA employer. So they are not a recognised teaching institute ! If you are plannning to be an accountant, this would be a good opportunity !
Yeah because in ACCA it dosen't matter whether you have studied from a recognized institution or an unrecognized one.

Ace
Thanks, Any More help and advice please... Any one recommends me for such a course?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by msin</i>
<br />AOA,
I would like to ask my seniors for some advice as quick as possible. Here in Bahrain worlds famous firm Ernst & Young is running many programs on Accounting and Finance do you people think that ACCA (4YR F/T) with them is a good idea i mean are they recongnised as teaching institutions?

Please reply i am waiting Thanks
Salam
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you have an option to work for EY then take it. But, if you also have an option or hope to get into PwC, then take that over EY any day. It's a personal decision but some of your future employers might prefer PwC more than EY just because at the moment PwC is ranked higher than EY.

ACCA is a good qualification but I don't know whether you can do ACA (ICAEW) while working in Bahrain. If you can do ACA, then any day go for ACA. Then again, choosing a qualification and/or employer depends on many factors, including what are your long term plans.

DT
You should definitely go for it. However, if you get a chance to do ACA (ICAEW), I would still recommend you to do that after you complete your ACCA.
Thanks alot you all,
Riffa Views International School, an independent, college preparatory, not-for-profit organization, offers an American education founded on research and current best practice, facilitated by an enthusiastic and compassionate faculty.
http//www.rvis.edu.bh/