Accountancy Forum

Full Version: BSc (Accounting) or B com - What to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is BSC (hons) accounting and finance is better than B com ( hons) for doing CA ???
please dont reply that i can do CA after intermediate !! i just need to know if BSC is better or B Com
Well please let the forum know about the subjects u will have in Bsc Accounting and Finance. The forum will compare that with B.com and will be able to guide u in better way.

Ibri
<b></b>BSC (hons) accounting and finance is offering eight semesters

1st semester
micro economics
business organization
fundamentals of accounting
functional english
computer application in business

2nd semester
macro economics
business mathematics
financial accounting
business communication
sociological concepts

3rd semester
business finance
cost accounting
managerial economics
business psycology
descriptive statistics

4th semester
fundamental of logic
ecomnomics of pakistan
business taxation
intermediate accounting
business research methods

5th semester
business law
principals of management
auditing
infrential statistics
money and capital markets

6th smester
insurance proncipal
principal of marketing
accounting information systems
investment principal
introduction to financial services

7th semster
human resources management
enterpreneurship
advanced accounting
electronic commerce
banking practices

8th semester
company law and secterial practices
fundamental of islamic finance
organization behaviour
financial statement anaylysis
international accounting standards

BCOM is offering
1st semester
micro economics
business organization
fundamental of accounting
functional english
computer application in business

2nd semester
macro economics
business mathematics
financial accounting
business communication
descriptive statistics

3rd semester
business psycology
inferential statistics
cost accounting
business research methods
economics of pakistan

4th semster
fundamental of logic
managerial economics
business taxation
intermediate accounting
company law and secretarial paractices

5th semster
business law
principal of management
audting
fundamental of islamic finance
accountign information syatem

6th smester
advanced accounting
principal of marketing
supply chain management
electiveI
electiveII

7th semster
human resource managemnt
neterprenuership
electronic commerce
electiveIII
electiveIV

8th semster

international accountin standards
organization behaviour
financial statement anaysis
elective V
elective VI

soo wut does the forum says now??
which one is benefiacial BSC or B COM
Bsc sounds better from a casual run down, primarily because you have Inferential Statistics and subjects on Investments and business research. Statistics and Mathematics plays an impotant part in the Final part with subjects like Decision making etc.

By the way, what Uni is that ?

hi
plz answer me does bcom have semester or it is just like intermediate i mean to say BCOM consist of 2years isnt? in
BCOM 1 year we have
1) Islamiat Studies Ethical Behaviours (For non Muslims)
2) Pakistan Studies
3) English ©
4) Introduction to Business
5) Principles of Accounting
6) Statistics & Business Maths
7) Economic Analysis
8) Banking & Finance

BCOM 2 year
1) Cost Accounting
2) Advance Accounting
3) Business & Industrial Law
4) Principles of Management
5) Business Communication
6) Urdu / Sindhi / humanities & Social Sciences
7) Economics of Pakistan
8) Auditing & Income Tax Law / Introduction to Computer Applications in Business / Fundamentals of Marketing / Principles of Insurance

or is it something like "aaasmaan" has said about bcom courses

one of this forum user samreen just posted a msg at www.thekarachi.com acca section that BCOM is a degree and ACCA is a certification .... is it true? if yes then person has to do Bcom as well to get graduation ? let me know plzzz either here or at thekarachi.com .
thanks pracs!!
its bahauddin zikria university multan pakistan..
I agree with Pracs do B.sc (hon) it will help u alot in all levels of CA, it is much better than B.com.

Ibri
no you can also earn the Bsc(Hons) degree in applied accounting in ACCA.when some one complete the ACCA Part-2,he earned the Bsc(Hons)in applied accounting.

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sam</i>
<br />Yes she is right . Bccom is a graduation degree but ACCA , CIMA,CA , CPA,CFA etc. are all professional certificates for but If u want to spend your 2 yrs in bcom or Bsc I would advice you to spend it in something which is better .ACCA is International qualification it is accepted in most countries throughout the world while bcom walon ko kuch bhi nahi aata sirf naam hai kay aap graduate hein.

Now to solve this problem i would suggest you to start sth like ACCA or CIMa and in the sideline keep doing Bcom aswell but keep your total concentration on ACCA etc.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

ACCA gets you a Bsc. degree from a British Uni,.. how bad is that.. and like some one's said, if you are so much for a B.comm (which I dont see the reason why !)just sit for the exams, because having gone through ACCA passing B.com exams wont be that much of a problem.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by teacher2000</i>
<br />one of this forum user samreen just posted a msg at www.thekarachi.com acca section that BCOM is a degree and ACCA is a certification .... is it true? if yes then person has to do Bcom as well to get graduation ? let me know plzzz either here or at thekarachi.com .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

She is right but by doing ACCA you can get Bsc as well as MBA. On the other hand by doing b.com you will not get any exemption in professional education.

ACCA is certification but dont forget it is equal to bsc (hon) and have more value in respect of recognition, pay and job market. If you want to do degree then ACCA is best because you can get one bachelor and one master degree. Let me explain it in other way

ACCA....after part two do one search and analysis project and get bsc in applied account from oxford brooks university

ACCA...in core paper join the special study programme (LCA or LCAM) and get MBA finance
hello guys
i have heard that after doing your bsc. in accounting and finance you can become a CA by doing some further modules in one year. can anyone please help me with the details. i'm new to this field and just have to make a decision to either do bsc or CA. please reply to my query.
thanks.
by doing b.com for 2years u get exemptn in sme subjects of acca so i think b.com is better.
i have same problem like darum89, such as which is better doing BSc in accounting and finance then doing CA or diretly doing ACCA and then doing CA.
i would advise you to do BSC (Hons) accounting and finance instead of B.com because this degree is given higher preference when you do for fining a job. Hons degree always have more value and another benefit will be that you can directly go for M.phil or MS after doing hons degree whereas after doing B.com you will first have to take admission in MBA and after that you can go for your MS
Pages: 1 2