Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Technical Vs. Non Technical
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Accountants are highly paid,but, less respected, ignored in decision making process, considered as burdened on the company, and generally accepted that the salary of a accountants paid by the Technical Staff (Cause they are adding value to the company, while accountants are not more than a burdened).

Is this a correct understanding?
Dear Iahmad,Always give such thing with reasons.
do you have any example of such situation to present before the forum?

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
ibrarganori@yahoo.co.uk
http//www.ibrishah.4t.com
Well ahmed you have ignited a very concerning issue. I 101% agree with your opinion.

CA students spend alot of time in carrying out the audit assignments, tax work and other assignments during their training period. That is how they get a chance to know , beside other things, thier value or worth in the eye of businessmen. I have gone through this phase of my life and my journey is continuing, i feel that we are least beneficiary of the money that is distributed to the technical staff in the market. I have even listened to an armymen saying "what a finance person does, there should be no finance department in the org, i believe."

We see that not only preference is given to the operational staff in the companies but they are considered to have been actually running the company. They are involved in each and every matter and thus they succeed in getting a high profile and a seat in the strategic management. I have even saw that finance is considered the back room seater and nothing else. This makes us a party to the issue.

Among other reasons, i think our institute is aalso responsible for this drawback in a way that i have not seen any serious step taken by the institute to promote and add value to CAs. They are concentrating on grabbing the infants in the field w/o telling them their worth and what they can do after they come in. I think our institute should, first of all, prepare a comprehensive plan inviting suggestions from the students and CAs to comment on how we can add value to our profession. I think series of seminars, forums, and other casual meeting should be a part of plan. I wonder, ICAP has not forum facility on its website where its students and menbers can come and share their thoughts. This is a good way to know the ideas of the ppl.

Secondly what the students can do and what the persons in the industry can do? i think we should see the spirit of our profession, i wonder ppl after completing the articles do not know what CA is all about and what change this training has made in their life, and should convice the ppl around us with serious attitude.

I think there is a share of low passing rate in this issue. How? I believe low passing rate, non-availability of reading material, management of time for study, attitude of the firms towards study of their students, and ICAPs vulnerability towards promoting the education makes the siutation horrible.

Lastly i say again, we are underpaid and in some situation exploited, we all come forward to fight against this exploitation and underestimation.

Regards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are a politician then you are a lier, but if you are a lier you may not be a politician!
very long reply with nothing containing inside!

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
ibrarganori@yahoo.co.uk
Shah we are just discussing what we have seen or experienced, if you have different experience you can share
Well, Where have you experienced such terrible things? In course of your employment? or what you have heard from others?

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
ibrarganori@yahoo.co.uk
Well shah, you have the right to disagree. THis is the essence of a forum. I have mentioned what i have observed. One always need insight and benchmarks to analyse a situation, that is what i have executed. And i think we should give opportunity to other ppl as well to talk on the issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are a politician then you are a lier, but if you are a lier you may not be a politician!
I havent stop any body else from discussion here. I was having right so i disagreed.
This is a communucation problem that is called Fact-Inference confusion. Inference is the conclusion drwn from observations and should not be confused with Fact!
I think you understand what I mean. Unfortunatly by now I am having no time so casnnt comment much on the above topic.

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
ibrarganori@yahoo.co.uk
Ibri you have not experienced the taste of Practicle life, i think. The world is totally different then it looks while we are doing CA.

Huge salary is not the reward which we should have only, we have spent almost major part of our life in doing this prestigios qualifiaction.
Thanks ahmed, shah has quit from this topic as he has realized that we have democracy in Pakistan where majority is authority. Well done!

Not at all I am not quite by reason mentioned by u moon! Ofcourse majority is authority but not in this forum. I still am against what u people said. Ar. Iahmad what do u mean by not having no experience? U know or just talking bushes?

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
It takes a minute to find a special person, a hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them

Ibri Behave Like a Professional, there should be same respect for seniors, what do you want to prove by behaving like that. You are representing here The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, not Dir.
What make passing such comments Mr. Iahmad about me? I m graetly surparise that u know me so well. U also know my village isnt it interesting! how come that? I havent mentioned it any where?
Any how if u know me upto such extent than u will also know abt my experience isn't it?
Anyhow the my point was not to hurt any body else in the Forum.

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
It takes a minute to find a special person, a hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them