Accountancy Forum

Full Version: NGOs- Not Good Organizations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is alot of debate over the role of NGOs, in the government sector as well as general public. I invite your comments whether NGOs are proving as non-government organizations or not good organizations. Do they have any foreign agenda? DO they really working in the benefit of the society? Particular comments from current auditors of NGOs are appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are a politician then you are a lier, but if you are a lier you may not be a politician!
What are the Objectives of a NGO? I want to know what these are?

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
ibrarganori@yahoo.co.uk
http//www.ibrishah.4t.com
Well, you please reserve your comments!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are a politician then you are a lier, but if you are a lier you may not be a politician!
NGO's such as Amnesty International, Red Cross have done excellent work across the world in the east as well as western countries.

NGO's are not government appointed. They generally intervene on aspects of importance to them, they are able to achieve goals that government agencies are unable to do due to their foreign poilicies.

WHich NGO's do you have a problem with Moon?

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk
You may be talking about NGOs in UK, let us come to $-loving society i.e. Pakistan?

<font color="blue"></font id="blue"><font size="5"></font id="size5"><font face="Georgia">Salam 2 all

i guess u r pointing towards the ALLEGED ulterior motives of such non-governmental orgainizations in Pakistan. There are serious suspicions about their contribution to the ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN. Well some of these might be doing a very good job in fulfilling their so-called noble objectives, yet i believe that they r doing more harm than any good to an Islamic society. For me the microfinancing is yet another of their effort to implant an interest based eceonmic system in our society. Their efforts to change the Hudood Ordinance and so called gender awareness and women empowerment are nothing more than westernization of our society and Islam. The views of SAB SE PEHLE PAKISTAN and ENLIGHTENED MODERATION are their brain childs. well i don't feel any harm in quoting sab se pehle pakistan but i guess we r the UMMAH, as envisaged by the Holy Prophet. Strictly speaking from Islmic point of view i really have serious reservations about their very existence. this is what i think of them and i agree with ur statement that these are NOT GOOD ORGANIZATIONs.</font id="Georgia">

O Lord! Increase me in knowledge...Ameen!
Well Moon U are not the owner of this forum and cant any body to reserve his comments. If I dont have knowledge of something it is ur duty to tell me that as a forum member.
I guess Moon and Iahmad are two names of one person!

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
http//www.ibrishah.4t.com
It takes a minute to find a special person, a hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them

Well some of the NGOs like EDHI are doing superb job and they are a virtual helpind hand. We can not claim any harm to the society causing by organizations. We can not say that these are Not Good Organizations but we must keep our eye open and check what other NGOs are doing. As you have mentioned that they are now excelling in microfinance sector as thus promoting and maintaining the spirit of interest which is against the teachings of Islam. I cannot tell you but i have seen the results of an interest based loan, ppl have lost their home, their shelter, their satisfaction and above all their belief.

Surprisingly to note here is that NGOs are not governed by any legislation except those registered as society or under section 42 of Companies Ordinacne, 1984. Futher, there is no check and balance system in our legislation regarding what actually these are doing and what is their agenda. I have come to know most of the "karta dharta" of these NGOs are then exploited by donors who may be the agents of their govt to do harmful things to Pakistan.

>>>>>>

Regards.