Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Earthquake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA

We have been <u>tested</u> by GOD once again and now this is in the form of earth quake. The results are horrible (with 19,000+ have been reported as died and the figure is expected to rise). We are muslims and thus brothers. Those who have survived or remain uneffected have a great responsibility on their shoulders to step forward and do what they can for the effecties of the incidence. I request to all the ppl to contribute maximum to the funds established for the purpose.

Where the said incidence has left a mournful effects, there is a point of appreciation as well. We have been tested mentally on one hand and ethically on other hand. I salute to all the pakistanies who have come up with such an examplary attitude that not a single case has been reported of lote etc etc and the nation has proved that we are ethically sound and morally hi-rated. Compare yourself with the developed nations of the world and their attitude in the event of disasters. I am proud to be a Pakistani.

On the same forum i request you ppl to raise your hands and pray for the betterment of the ppl effected by the disaster. May Allah rest the soul in peace of those who died. Aameen.
<font face="Lucida Console"></font id="Lucida Console">
Regards.
Earth Quake has brought a great disaster to the nation. With out discussing that why this has happened I request you all to please contribute enything even a pissa for the people who have affected. The things they need are blankets, food stuff, medecines and alot more. Not only thousands of people have lost their lives but also injured please help them with ur money, skills and prays.
In this month of Ramazan please put your hand in air before ALLAH for the affected people there in the affected areas. They are not others but our brothers, Sisters, parents, childrens they need us and we should prove that yes we are theirs and they are ours.
I will also put a personal request before members of Lahore as from there the communication is possible as was announced here. The communication from Islamabad in any way to Azad Kashmir is impossible till this time please contact on any of the following numbers with
Mr. TANVEER
058810-44848
058840-42482
and let me know at my number 0333-5292289.
I will be thankful to you people if any one of you let me know how his family is.

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
http//www.ibrishah.4t.com
Please pray for the Earth quake Affectees.
<b><font color="red"> PAKISTAN NEED US</b></font id="red">

We are a unquestionably a Great Nation, now its time to show our Greatness. Our Brothers and Sisters are calling us, They need our Help and Support.

<font color="red">The whole Nation is in Deep Pain.</font id="red">

Please Come Forward and Donate generously. Help bring food, shelter and assistance to those now suffering.<font color="red"> Pakistan Needs You !</font id="red">

<b><font color="blue">Ways to send your Donations</b></font id="blue">

<i><font color="green">President Relief Fund for Earthquake Victims-2005</i></font id="green">

Citizens, community based organization and NGOs wishing to contribute towards President's Relief Fun for Earthquake Victims are requested to send/deposit their donations in the above fund opened with the following

All Branches of the State Bank of Pakistan

All Treasuries

All Branches of National Bank of Pakistan

All Branches of Habib Bank of Pakistan

All Branches of United Bank of Pakistan

All Branches of Muslim Commercial Bank of Pakistan

All Branches of Allied Bank of Pakistan

Donations, both from domestic and International donors can be deposited in the above branches of the Banks. Donations from abroad can be deposited at all the branches of above banks in foreign countries where such branches exist. In other foreign countries where these branches do not exist donations will be received by the Pakistan Missions and remitted to the State Bank of Pakistan.

All proceeds received in the name of the Fund will be credited to the public account of the Federal Government under following Head of Account-

“G 12 Special Deposit Fund
G 121 – Relief Funds
G 12130 “President’s Relief Fund for Earthquake Victims -2005”

Further information and details can be obtained from the following telephones and fax numbers-

Phone 051-9208100, 9202528
Fax 051-9207635

Director General, Emergency Relief Fund, Government of Pakistan, Cabinet Division, Islamabad

Source<i> “The News” Advertisement, dated 10 October 2005</i>

<i><font color="green">Edhi Foundation</i></font id="green">

Contact Edhi Centres across Pakistan. Call Edhi Emergency Telephone 115

Donate Generously in cash or kind for Earthquake victims through Edhi Foundation.

Faisal Edhi 0300-8263319, 115
Karachi 021- 2421920, 2201261
Islamabad 051- 2827844
Lahore 042-5414211, 7841901, 7980339, 7847050, 7848408, 7847060
Multan 061- 4583906
Peshawar 091-2214575
Quetta 081-2830832, 2830861

<i><font color="green">Fatimid Foundation</i><font color="green">

Dr. Sagher 021-2225284, 0300-9210647

<i><font color="green">Ansar Burney Welfare Trust</i></font id="green">

Sarim Burney 0300-8243459, 0301-8243459

<i><font color="green">Donate for Earthquake Victims (GEO TV)</i></font id="green">
" Donations can be deposited in any branch of UBL in Pakistan giving following details.

Account Title
MKRF - Pakistan Earthquake Relief Fund

Bank Name
United Bank Limited

Account No.
0102598-5

Branch Code

Branch Name
Al-Rehman Branch

Branch Address
I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi , Pakistan

For international telegraphic transfer from any bank abroad also indicate

Swift Code
U N I L P K KA

1) You may donate 3-Rs by typing "DONATE" and sending it to "436". All money collected through SMS by Mobilink or

Ufone, will be given to Mir Khalil Ur Rehman Foundation's Relief Fund.

2) Donate to nearest EDHI center.
http//www.paks.net/edhi-foundation/noffpak.html

3) You may go and sumbitt money in any branch of the National Bank, MCB, United Bank, Allied Bank & Habib Bank Ltd. U

can simply walk-in and submit, they'd guide you. These donations would go directly to Govt's relief fund for quake victims.

4) Bilal Masjid, New Garden Town, Lahore, is collecting monetray and/or Material donations.

5)<i><font color="green"> Ary Digital advertised</i></font id="green">

For the reliefs efforts and victims of earthquake please send your donations to

Khawaja Gareeb Nawaz Trust
Account # 010-4843-0
United Bank Limited

6) <i><font color="green"> Dr. Adeeb Rizvi</i></font id="green">
Doctors and other para medical skilled persons may contact them as His team is leaving from Karachi to help people in affected areas and general public may donate them.
Phone No. 111-000-313

7)<i><font color="green"> Pakistan-Canada Association</i></font id="green">

http//www.pakcan.com/pakistan_earthquake_relief.shtml

PAKISTAN EARTHQUAKE RELIEF FUND
Royal Bank of Canada
Branch No 05600
Transit No 003
Account No 1009067

8)<i><font color="green"> Canadian Red Cross</i></font id="green"> http//www.redcross.ca/article.asp?...928&tid=001

9)<i><font color="green"> Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)</i></font id="green"> Donations to Victims of earthquake
https//icnany.org/Donation/Donation.php?a=relief

10)<i>[green] Oxfam is also collecting donations</i></font id="green"> http//www.oxfam.org.uk/what_you_ca...asian_quake.htm

11)<i>[green] Cheques Payable to President of Pakistan Relief Fund</i></font id="green">
Address Habib Allied International Bank Plc
97 Cannon Street London EC4N 5AE
Sort Code 60-95-11 A/C 04916670

12)Without even leaving your homes, donate by calling GEO on their no 0900-99970 (calls to be charged Rs16+tax)

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
Please Prays for the Affectees in Affected Areas.
Members in the UK can donate on line by visiting

www.muslimaid.org

www.islamic-relief.org.uk

President of Pakistan relief fund
Sort code 60 95 11
Account no 10816601

May Allah help us in this time of need.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311
<b>[red]What People Need Urgently</b>[red]

I have been to RawlaKot AJK as a Volunteer with the Pakistan Red Crescent Society. You all know the conditions there but i will stress on one point.
At the end of this month and the begining of the next month Snowfall is expected. People are homeless and also dont have any shilter for them. Please provide them with Tents and Blankets at your earliest as they actually need that.
Thanks

Prays makes the Future
Ibri
It is not an achievement to make thousand friends aday but the achievement is to make one friend for thousand years.
<u><b>Web portal will assist relief efforts </b> </u> Thursday October 20, 2005 (0055 PST)

ISLAMABAD An information-sharing web portal ‘Pakistan Relief and Information Systems for Earthquakes’ (RISE) was launched on Wednesday, designed to provide information on the 4,000 earthquake-affected villages in the NWFP and Azad Jammu and Kashmir in Pakistan.
The system has been developed and will be maintained by a consortium of experts from the US, Pakistani universities, the World Bank and the private sector with the support of the Pakistan government. It will provide damage and relief information about the affected villages, relief workers, local officials and help coordinate relief efforts.

“Real-time information from the affected areas is essential and details about every village will ensure no one is left behind,” said John Wall, the World Bank country director for Pakistan.

The system offers pre-earthquake information with village-level demographic and infrastructure data, major road networks and the distance of villages from the epicentre of the earthquake. Each of the 4,000 villages is listed on a table of common headings, including everything from the amount of aid received to agencies working in the area.

Mr Wall said RISE was truly a remarkable and spontaneous collaboration by a range of academics and development practitioners. “This portal will be the key to coordination among donors and relief agencies and the World Bank will use it extensively to plan its follow-up support to Pakistan,” Mr Wall said.

The web portal is a joint effort by experts from the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Harvard University and Pomona College in the US, the World Bank, Pakistan’s National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA), the Mahbubul Haq Human Development Centre and the World Online (WOL), Pakistan’s largest Internet service provider.

“All the latest satellite, geographical and statistical information at village-level for the affected areas is consolidated in one database,” says Aamer Manzoor, WOL co-founder and vice-president. “The world-wide collaboration enabled us to work round-the-clock with the best experts in the field,” he added.

Relief workers, donors, the government, and volunteers can provide information by directly posting information on www.risepak.com by sending text-messages, faxes or emails.

http//www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=123047