Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Some Questions about ACCA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<b>Hello my account friends.</b>
<i>First of all happy eid mubarak.</i>

I have done B. Com and now want to take admission in ACCA but some ppl (relatives) are against my decision and I have to setisfy them.
<i>
(You may remember that I was a reguler member of this site before exams and I told you before leaving that I'll need your help when I will pass my exams, so here I am)</i>

<b>I have certain questions to ask</b>

1. What is the future and status of ACCA in PAKISTAN
2. What exemptions are for ACCAs from ICAP
3. What is the value of Oxford brookes qualification (earned through ACCA).
4. Please also compare ACCA with MBA from Qaid-e-Azam etc.

I hope that you will help me (additional info is also welcomed) Keep in mind that I don't need answers for fun, I am really taking admission this december (I may start training before) and now a days I am searching for suitable tution provider.
<u><b>And</b></u>
I also want to put complete information about ACCA on this site as I did about ICMA.

Salam.
SHAHID LATIF

============================================================================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
these are the answers of your questions?
1- the future of ACCA in Pakistan is same as C.A,the difference between these two are if you did C.A,then you can job in private and government sectors,and if you did ACCA you can only job in private sectors not in government sectors.
2-If you did ACCA then the Module A,B,C and D of C.A are fully exempted for you.
3-there is no value of oxford brookes university degree in Pakistan because it is not recognised in Pakistan.
4-there are much difference between ACCA and M.B.A,and M.B.A can do any one but ACCA can not any one.ACCA is the cream of Accountancy.
for more information about ACCA,please check the site of ACCA.www.accaglobal.com.if you have any problem then mail me.

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>
Finally I have posted information about ACCA but still I could not get following info

1- What about ICAP's decision to take ACCA's exemptions back
2- How many exemptions are available to an ACCA who don't get practical training

In the last
Thanks Mr. turithegreat for you answers.

```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
dear after ACCA if you want to go C.A,then you must gain 3 years article ship,and in during article ship you can give the exam of Module E ans F.when you completed the 3 years article ship,and you passed the module E & F,you will called both C.A and ACCA.and you will got two degress C.A and ACCA.but without article ship you will called only ACCA qualified,not An ACCA.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by turithegreat</i>
<br />these are the answers of your questions?
1- the future of ACCA in Pakistan is same as C.A,the difference between these two are if you did C.A,then you can job in private and government sectors,and if you did ACCA you can only job in private sectors not in government sectors.
2-If you did ACCA then the Module A,B,C and D of C.A are fully exempted for you.
3-there is no value of oxford brookes university degree in Pakistan because it is not recognised in Pakistan.
4-there are much difference between ACCA and M.B.A,and M.B.A can do any one but ACCA can not any one.ACCA is the cream of Accountancy.
for more information about ACCA,please check the site of ACCA.www.accaglobal.com.if you have any problem then mail me.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I beg to differ here.

One just cannot compare ACCA with MBA. Both are totally different. You say 'anyone' can do MBA and not many can do ACCA. Well tell me this, how many people are able to do MBA from ivy league? Definitely NOT MANY! Plus, once you've got your MBA from there, you definitely earn more than an ACCA/CA with having equal or even less work experience than ACCA/CA qualified individuals. (had to mention this because everyone's interested in pay-scales)

With saying that, I don't mean to suppress ACCA/CA's worth, but I just felt like clarifying and making a point for those who think CA is everything.

[/quote]

One just cannot compare ACCA with MBA. Both are totally different. You say 'anyone' can do MBA and not many can do ACCA. Well tell me this, how many people are able to do MBA from ivy league? Definitely NOT MANY! Plus, once you've got your MBA from there, you definitely earn more than an ACCA/CA with having equal or even less work experience than ACCA/CA qualified individuals. (had to mention this because everyone's interested in pay-scales)

[/quote]

I'm sure majority of people referring to local MBAs and not foreign MBAs. So the agument may still hold that majority of people are able to a. finance and b. academic rigour wise OK to go about MBAs rather than CA/ACCA.

DT
Can i do ACCA after Inter??
What are the Expences in doing this course from Pakistan??
Dear sumaaan,i saw many students of M.B.A,who did their M.B.A from Lums,but they are no experience in Accounting,M.B.A walay thooo bilkul study nahi karthay.in my room i have 2 M.B.A room mates,who are doing M.B.A,they do not study and when their result announced they got A+ marks.i again say M.B.A heer koi kar letha hai but ACCA heer koi nahi kar saktha.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by turithegreat</i>
<br />Dear sumaaan,i saw many students of M.B.A,who did their M.B.A from Lums,but they are no experience in Accounting,M.B.A walay thooo bilkul study nahi karthay.in my room i have 2 M.B.A room mates,who are doing M.B.A,they do not study and when their result announced they got A+ marks.i again say M.B.A heer koi kar letha hai but ACCA heer koi nahi kar saktha.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I wasn't comparing how tough or easy MBA is compared to ACCA/CA, plus I was referring to a masters degree from ivy league and definitely NOT LUMS. Getting admission in those unis is a better achievement than doing ACCA (no joke!).

I don't see a reason why people degrade degrees by comparing them with ACCA/CA or vice versa. Both have their own pros and cons. I still would agree with anyone who'd claim that an ACCA has more in depth knowledge than any graduate in a similar field.

But you should see it from a different perspective too. MBA's are still sought for because they are more groomed than ACCA's with no work experience. Why?.. Simply because they learn how to give presentations and because they are also marked for class participation, they have to take part in class lectures and overall they become professionally groomed. They have the habit of making reports and doing other practical stuff that helps them later on.

The gist here is, don't compare them on different grounds. I met a very well known CA, who happens to be a partner of one of the big four. He too explained the importance of an MBA degree and how good a combination it is with ACCA/CA.