Accountancy Forum

Full Version: need direction for research topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font color="purple"></font id="purple"><font size="4"></font id="size4">[font=Arial]
i want to do my research thesis on world bank or IMF but i m confused abt what topic to select for research(limiting myself to financial side).
if anyone can help me n tell what area should be looked upon
please reply soon i have to submitt the topic soon...by the way then i would be having 4.5 months to work on it .

student of MBA(finance)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumaira</i>
<br /><font color="purple"></font id="purple"><font size="4"></font id="size4">[font=Arial]
i want to do my research thesis on world bank or IMF but i m confused abt what topic to select for research(limiting myself to financial side).
if anyone can help me n tell what area should be looked upon
please reply soon i have to submitt the topic soon...by the way then i would be having 4.5 months to work on it .

student of MBA(finance)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You may be interested in how World bank / IMF manages their Credit Risk especially when they lend money to third world countries. You may want to find more about the use of drivatives as risk management techniques by these organisations.

A friend of mine used to work for World Bank in Washington DC (many many years ago now) but I think he used to work on above issues.

Ofcourse, he has now left the bank to join a financial services giant (may be for more money), but that's another debate [)][)]

Good Luck

DT
DT THANS FOR UR HELP I M SEARCHING IF I CAN COLLECT SOME MATERIAL ON THE TOPICS MENTIONED BY U TO MAKE IT PRESENTABLE B4 MY SUPERVISOR(N TO COMPLETELETY UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC MYSELF[)])!!IF I GET ONE ILL DISCUSS IT WITH MY SUPERVISOR N THEN LET U KNOW ABT IT... I FEEL MYSELF MORE PRONE TOWARDS CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT BY THE WAY...
HOPE U WILL HELP SOME MORE[)]
I WONDER WHICH FIN INSTITUTION CAN PAY BETTER THAN WORLD BANK WITH SUCH A DIFFERENCE THAT ONE WOULD PREFER LEAVING THAT JOB?

THANKS
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I WONDER WHICH FIN INSTITUTION CAN PAY BETTER THAN WORLD BANK WITH SUCH A DIFFERENCE THAT ONE WOULD PREFER LEAVING THAT JOB?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Apparently, there are many organisations that pay alot more than the organisations mentioned in previous posts.

My friend has a quantitative finance background with doctorate degrees from tier 1 universities and has a unique blend in his qualifications that make him unique and worthwhile asset for the firm and area he is working now.

If you have any more specific questions please don't hesiatate to put on forum.

Good luck