Accountancy Forum

Full Version: removal of directors sec 178
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi[)]
its fatima doing CA in module D.
i got a problem[?] in company law plz any one help me.any one who is good at company law plz tell me how to calculate the number of votes for removal of director of casual vacancy.

hmm
thanx Saif 4 ur kind info. but my problem starts 4om this point that if number of votes required for removal= total number of votes/no of directors . then no of directors are the remaining ones after deducting the removed one or he is included???????????????????????becoz section stated that no of directors for the time being????????

hmm
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fatima ca</i>
<br />thanx Saif 4 ur kind info. but my problem starts 4om this point that if number of votes required for removal= total number of votes/no of directors . then no of directors are the remaining ones after deducting the removed one or he is included???????????????????????becoz section stated that no of directors for the time being????????

hmm
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi

for the time being means he is included, becoz he is not yet removed while calculating the number of votes required...its quite logical!!!!

ICAPians, the unparalleled
thanx ali akbar
but problem is " no of votes is equal to the product of no of shares and no of directors." as per sec 178, for example
let no of shares are 100 and no of directors are 5 so no of votes =100*5=500
then in the next step as in sec 181(ii) no of votes are divided by the same no of directors so result is same as 500/5=100. so wat is need to do such a long calculation, sec should state that votes are no of shares?????????????/
plz solve my confusion.plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hmm
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fatima ca</i>
<br />thanx ali akbar
but problem is " no of votes is equal to the product of no of shares and no of directors." as per sec 178, for example
let no of shares are 100 and no of directors are 5 so no of votes =100*5=500
then in the next step as in sec 181(ii) no of votes are divided by the same no of directors so result is same as 500/5=100. so wat is need to do such a long calculation, sec should state that votes are no of shares?????????????/
plz solve my confusion.plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hmm
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hi

It is worth mentioning that if the votes (i.e 100 or more in ur example) cast against the resolution (i.e in favour of director) then director shall not be deemed to be removed. so it means that there is no need to cast votes for the removal of director. if no vote is casted in the favour of director, then he shall be deemed to be removed.

ICAPians, the unparalleled..
thanx Ali Akbar thanx 22222222 much

hmm