Accountancy Forum

Full Version: It is easy to sleep with an accountant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is easy to sleep with an accountant

Today I attended my lecture for paper 3.1 (AAS) and topic was on advertising. As you all know that advertising is very difficult for an accountancy firm.

Our teacher told us that once ICAEW decided to help the CA firms to advertise and they put following Advert in their website

IT IS EASY TO SLEEP WITH AN ACCOUNTANT

And above advert was removed within two days of its display.

And I think you all know the reason of its removal.

hehehehehehehehehehehe
[D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D]

Notedont think the ICAEW advert was rude,they (ICAEW) were actually trying to say that if you have an Accountant than you can have a good sleep because your accountant will take care of all your business affairs.
I doubt that,..

I have actually seen vehicle stickers,..'rear tabs' (or whatever they are called) with the same statement.....

Just to put the record straight I did not become an accountant after reading this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah
AOA[)]
First of all Welcome back Sajjad......well its not much difficult ...bus use common sense n keep an eye to here n there...so easy but it needs paractice.....cuz u know paractice makes an accountant perfect in accounts...[)]

Allah hafiz
n take good care of others n urs also.

" NOthing in this world can compansate for the loss of self-respect,nobleness of mind and self-honour "
AOA[)]

Q- IT IS EASY TO SLEEP WITH AN ACCOUNTANT?

Ans-i think its not easy to sleep with an accountant...as sajjab said that an accountant take cares of ur business ...but here is another problem ...n the problem is sleep....accountant kabhi sonay nahi daitay her waqat 2+2 hi kertay rehtay hain even aadhi raat ko baith ker millions ki calculations kertay hain..any how iss baat say mujhay ek waqiaa yaad aa gaya hai to main nay socha kiun na share ker loon....
meri sis kay exams honay walay thay aur us nay revision shuru ki hui thi...sara din bechari ek hi Q per atki rahi ..aur us ki adat hai kay kaam hamesha pura hi kerna hai aur woh problems ko solve kiyay beger nahi rehti ...perh perh ker uss kay demaagh main khush ho gai tha ...adhi raat ko uth ker mujhay jaga ker kehti hai humaira uthoo main nay woh Q solve ker liya hai jo mujh say nahi ho raha tha aur pata hai main nay mama say poocha tha unhoon nay kaha kay us digit main main nay point laga diya tha iss liyay solve nahi ho raha tha ..........aur yeh tamam guftagoo us nay sotay main ki thein main nay uss say lakh kaha mager woh na mani kay woh so jay ....aakhir main nay haar mantay huay us ko milk ka cup pilaya aur sulaya subhu us ko koi baat bhi yaad na thi...even milk bhi yaad na tha...

so my experience is kay kabhi bhi accountant kay saath mat sona...[)]

Allah hafiz
take good cares of others n ur deeds also

" NOthing in this world can compansate for the loss of self-respect,nobleness of mind and self-honour "
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Humaira</i>
<br />AOA[)]

Q- IT IS EASY TO SLEEP WITH AN ACCOUNTANT?

Ans-i think its not easy to sleep with an accountant...as sajjab said that an accountant take cares of ur business ...but here is another problem ...n the problem is sleep....accountant kabhi sonay nahi daitay her waqat 2+2 hi kertay rehtay hain even aadhi raat ko baith ker millions ki calculations kertay hain..any how iss baat say mujhay ek waqiaa yaad aa gaya hai to main nay socha kiun na share ker loon....
meri sis kay exams honay walay thay aur us nay revision shuru ki hui thi...sara din bechari ek hi Q per atki rahi ..aur us ki adat hai kay kaam hamesha pura hi kerna hai aur woh problems ko solve kiyay beger nahi rehti ...perh perh ker uss kay demaagh main khush ho gai tha ...adhi raat ko uth ker mujhay jaga ker kehti hai humaira uthoo main nay woh Q solve ker liya hai jo mujh say nahi ho raha tha aur pata hai main nay mama say poocha tha unhoon nay kaha kay us digit main main nay point laga diya tha iss liyay solve nahi ho raha tha ..........aur yeh tamam guftagoo us nay sotay main ki thein main nay uss say lakh kaha mager woh na mani kay woh so jay ....aakhir main nay haar mantay huay us ko milk ka cup pilaya aur sulaya subhu us ko koi baat bhi yaad na thi...even milk bhi yaad na tha...

so my experience is kay kabhi bhi accountant kay saath mat sona...[)]

Allah hafiz
take good cares of others n ur deeds also

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Humaira....that was only a Advert....and most of adverts are based on lies.
Sajjad ... I like the quote "Its easy to sleep with an accountant"

I m new and this is my first message to the forum.

Although it has double meaning ..... but in the sense in which it was stated is really correct ... a business man can sleep well when he has a good accountant. But on the other hand; the spouse of an accountant cant sleep with him/her.

A real story of my client .... when he hired me, his business was not very high (presently, a good well known business) and he has to apply for the UK visa and for the same he needs accounts (which should agree with the tax returns as well). He hand over me the bank statements, tax returns and other related documents and left with the words "this is now your problem and I have to sleep; you just arrange my accounts in the manner that I got the visa".
hi all
hey himaira jo tum ne apni sis ka waqia sunaya its really funny but i also use to have same problems! abhi modele D(CA intermediate) k papers mein my mom told me k "tum raat ko neend mein uth kar kabhi company law k sections parhney lagtey ho kabhi auditing k standards aur kabhi cost accounting k formulae! but i really dont remember k mein aisa kuch karta hn!!!
so ITS NOT EASY TO SLEEP WITH AN ACCOUNTANT LIKE ME!!!
Salam every one

I thought I would share a story on this topic as well. My teacher’s wife thinks that the most romantic event in her life happened when her husband (a CPA accountant) rolled over to her in the middle of the night and said very softly in her ear “it is just too much of stamp duty”. Offcourse he was sleep talking, we are not that bad.

Regards

Zeeshan Qureshi

Zeesh