Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Several urgent tax queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am from the country of New Zealand. I am an individual. I resell wildwestdomains(based in USA) 'pro' reseller plan which has servers, domain names etc. I logged into my reseller control panel and clicked on TAX information, and there are 2 TAX forms there. I have to fill out ONE of them but I don't know which one.

One is aCertificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner
for United States Tax Withholding

And one is a Certificate of Foreign Person’s Claim That Income Is
Effectively Connected With the Conduct of a Trade or
Business in the United States

Wildwestdomains WIll be paying me by Check for the commissions i'll be getting from reselling because I'm an international customer.

So which tax form and I meant to fill out? ANd on one of the tax forms it says to enter my "U.S taxpayer identification number IF required" It has boxes for SSN(social security number) and Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Remeber if says I only need to enter the numbers IF required. How do i know if i'm required to or not?

ALso i have to check these boxes if it applies to me

The beneficial owner is not an individual, derives the item (or items) of income for which the treaty benefits are claimed, and, if
applicable, meets the requirements of the treaty provision dealing with limitation on benefits----- Do I have to check this box??? I don't think so cuz I AM an individual

The beneficial owner is not an individual, is claiming treaty benefits for dividends received from a foreign corporation or interest from a U.S. trade or business of a foreign corporation, and meets qualified resident status?

The beneficial owner is related to the person obligated to pay the income within the meaning of section 267(b) or 707(b), and will file
Form 8833 if the amount subject to withholding received during a calendar year exceeds, in the aggregate, $500,000.??????

Special rates and conditions (if applicable—see instructions) The beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of Article of the_________ treaty identified on line 9a above to claim a_________ % rate of withholding on (specify type of income)_____________ .
Explain the reasons the beneficial owner meets the terms of the treaty article_________________

What am I ment to write there in those spaces?

Also Do i have to CHECK this box

I have provided or will provide a statement that identifies those notional principal contracts from which the income is not effectively
connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the United States. I agree to update this statement as required.?

Also what does "Capacity in which acting" mean? Do I write "OWNER" there?