Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Confused: Doing ACCA after CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SALAM TO ALL READERS I AM A BIT CONFUSED B/C SOE ONE TOLD ME THAT AFTER CA YOU CAN DO ACCA IN JUST SIX MONTHS BY GIVING REMAINING SUBJECTS AND AFTER THAT MBA AND M.COM TOO IN 1 YEAR. IS THERE ANY KIND OF TRUTH IN THIS. IF YES THEN PLZ TELL ME THAT HOW CAN I DO THIS AND HOW MANY SUBJECTS I HAVE TO PREPARE FOR.
ONE MORE THING IS THAT WHAT TO DO AFTER COMPLETING ACCA WHAT KIND OF COURSE SHALL I CAN APPLY FOR.

THANKS
ALWAYS YOUR'S FREINDLY
ZOHAIB ALI
Hi,
after CA y should one do ACCA?the only rationale for doing ACCA after CA is the case when someone want to do a job abroad...even in this case this is not too important in some countries...
to suggest what you should do we should have some introduction abt what you have done or doing...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Z.A.AKHUND</i>
<br />SALAM TO ALL READERS I AM A BIT CONFUSED B/C SOE ONE TOLD ME THAT AFTER CA YOU CAN DO ACCA IN JUST SIX MONTHS BY GIVING REMAINING SUBJECTS AND AFTER THAT MBA AND M.COM TOO IN 1 YEAR. IS THERE ANY KIND OF TRUTH IN THIS. IF YES THEN PLZ TELL ME THAT HOW CAN I DO THIS AND HOW MANY SUBJECTS I HAVE TO PREPARE FOR.
ONE MORE THING IS THAT WHAT TO DO AFTER COMPLETING ACCA WHAT KIND OF COURSE SHALL I CAN APPLY FOR.

THANKS
ALWAYS YOUR'S FREINDLY
ZOHAIB ALI
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Zohaib

Before completing CA everyone wants to acquire maximum degrees/certificates, but once they complete they don't even think for other degrees certifications.

Doing other certifications after doing CA is just like doing BA after MA.

ICAPians, the unparalleled
Walaikum assalaam

Please visit www.accaglobal.com to find out the number of exemptions you can claim after CA (Pak), alternatively search this forum and you will find the relevant information.
<b>
"ONE MORE THING IS THAT WHAT TO DO AFTER COMPLETING ACCA WHAT KIND OF COURSE SHALL I CAN APPLY FOR."</b>

It depends where you are based or going to be based. If you are in Pakistan and you have no plans to move abroad then I would say go for CA just because of Pak employers' poor perception and prejudice towards foreign qualifications and in particular ACCA. Secondly, it all depends on your appetite for learning and completing professional qualifications. Choose whatever you want to do, work hard to get it out of the way and then move on. Since you are seeking advise, I would recommend you to stick to one qualification, study with determination and try to gain as much practical exposure as you can, no matter you do CA, ACCA, CIMA and what have you, try to maintain a balance between theory and practical and always try to apply your knowledge gained through your studies at work.

I agree with Azeem Shah Khan. Choose whatever you want to and work hard. Usually people do ACCA to complete CA. But you have many other options open for you such as CIMA etc. And you will definitely get exemptions on the basis of ACCA if you choose any other accounting qualification.

About the exemptions

One can get exmption from part 1 & 2 of ACCA after completion of CA. You will have to write exams of part 3 & It will take atleast 1 year. I cant say anything about in how much time you can do MBA & MCOM after ACCA....