Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA/CAT/CMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA [)]

Some one told me that CMA is a degree and ACCA/CAT are just certifications. So what do YOU think about that??Is there any scope of ACCA/CAT or CMA locally in Pakistan??Or these are just the FOREIGN STUFF.
Regards...Beyond_instincts[8D]
same ol' boring question... its upto the person who's quaified not all upto the qualification
Dont know about CMA but ACCA is a good qualification here in PK. You may get 15-25k job here after acca & completing 3 years practical reuirements preferably at an accountancy firm..

Same is the case with CIMA. ACtually CIMA is a very good qualification here. You will get ICMA MEMEBERSHIP i.e. become ACMA after completing CIMA. So its a very good option.

CAT doesn't have any market value in PK on its own...
AoA.
Ausman thank you very much for this valuable information.
I want to do cima but dont know what really is the difference between cima and acca???
Infact i want to go abroad(UK) .And i need at least one good reason for that..i mean i want to join any programme and after doing some parts, i will complete it abroad.So which one is the best choice for me???
What type of jobs i can get abroad after doing acca??i.e. in UK or AUSTRALLIA.
Again thanks for your reply..
Regards.....Beyond Instincts
it'll be difficult for you to go to the UK while doing CIMA or ACCA because the they say that why you want to go to UK for ACCA or CIMA, when you can complete the qualification here??

Dont know about australia..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Beyond_instincts</i>
<br />AoA.
Ausman thank you very much for this valuable information.
I want to do cima but dont know what really is the difference between cima and acca???
Infact i want to go abroad(UK) .And i need at least one good reason for that..i mean i want to join any programme and after doing some parts, i will complete it abroad.So which one is the best choice for me???
What type of jobs i can get abroad after doing acca??i.e. in UK or AUSTRALLIA.
Again thanks for your reply..
Regards.....Beyond Instincts
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<b>difference between CIMA and ACCA</b>

The CIMA syllabus is orientated towards the accountant’s role as a member of the management team of an organisation, and covers a wider range of non-financial subjects.
In business, CIMA members are more likely to be found in general management roles.

The ACCA syllabus, however, is orientated towards the accountant’s role in professional practice, with greater emphasis placed on financial accounting, audit and tax.
Chartered certified accountants can train in public practice (accountancy firms) or in industry. In business, they are more likely to be found compiling the financial accounts of the business or advising the company on its tax situation and on ways to invest its profits.

As for as know CIMA is not available in Pakistan and you can get student visa on the basis of ACCA or CIMA.

Here in UK if you are ACCA qualified than you can get job very easily. You can get jobs in following areas

IN FIRMS
1) Audit (bear in mind in UK ACCA qualified can conduct and sign the Audit and therefore can become partner)

2) Tax

3) Consultancy