Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Number of attempts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello members!

I wanna ask u ppl that whether the number of attempts that one have made in clearing his c.a inter will have any bearing on his entry into the big 5 firms for articleship.

plus if the big firms conduct an entry test what will be the subjects that they may test, e.g taxation, audit,accounting and businesscommunication etc.

regards
shukla
hi,
the number of attempts does matter a lot in top 5...but not for those who got a good refrence...so dont worry if you got that good...last time ferguson conducted the test followed by an interview...the other two didn't...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maani</i>
<br />hi,
the number of attempts does matter a lot in top 5...but not for those who got a good refrence...so dont worry if you got that good.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
AoA Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Maani as you say good reference,
What is your meant by "Good" ,
I mean person from which level
of management of clients of such firms.
I have a reference,I think good,
in PEL AND SEHGAL GROUP,
What you think about the ability of my reference.

Replies are desired also from other senior fellows.

Best Luck, Zafar
Where are u maani,
Allah khair karay,
Come on Please
I think a good refrence will be a person in the audit firm at manager level...if the person to whom you know has good PR with the management of the audit firm that might works for you...
Opinions of others, especially seniors, are welcomed.