Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CA hardships and suggessions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<font color="navy"></font id="navy">
salam to all. i am starting this topic thinking it to be very fruitful and a guide to all.
i expect in this topic that it will come to light that " is CA difficult? if yes" then why, and how much it is difficult?
which subjects are particularly difficul?
is timeshedule tight and time short or not?
should icap extend time period of modules?
should icap change pattern of examinations?

is really CA more difficult that any other accountancy education.

i hope you all will contribute about all these questions and will share your experiences about CA and difficulties u faced.

I am just going to quote my esteemed ustaad, teacher, mentor and role model, a Chartered Accountant ofcourse, the late Ashfaque Ahmed Sb. (May Allah Subhan uta Allah grant him Janat AL Firdaus)I believe this is some thing he said to all Foundation batches

"Consider yourself in the army now, just as people go to Kakul for two years, you are in the profession for four years. All you will have to do is think about CA. Tell, this to our parents, to your siblings, to your friends. You are not to go on to attend any weddings for the next four years, unless ofcourse its your own, no social events. The only thing on your mind should be passing these exams, for this you must be ready to take on all that is in its way, your partner for not giving you time off, your teachers for not solving your problems and above all your self. If 2,000 people can pass an qualify the exam so can you"

I don't forget these words, all of it came true as I sped through my articles and exams, at times I had to be at logger heads with my principal, quarrel with my managers about exam leave, up nights not be able to sleep because there was no time to sleep after putting in 12 hours at office and then prepare for the exams. But all I had in mind was if other people can pass these exams, so can I. Once you are sure of your self, nothing comes in your way, the only hurdle is you !!!
I've strong belief on what Pracs has said. My dear friend, I was also so before entering CA. I requested to Pracs to help me. You will get amazed that the same thing he wrote to me also. When I read it; I got jerk in my mind and body that I was just under-estimating myself for nothing. I was just hesitating due to prevailing rumuours about CA. I can also do it.

My dear, I'm the student who even can't afford to pay for PSTC (Presentation Skills Training Course) of CA easily. I'm the student who even did'nt get any coaching from any institution of Pakistan or any other country. Just because, I can't afford. But the message of Pracs mobilized me to do so. And finally I decided to go for CA.

I'm in Module© right now without any coaching, without joining any institution in just first attempt. I've recently given the exams of Module(B). Even I teach tuitions; arrange the expenses of my study myself and also spend time to pass CA papers. By the grace of THE ALMIGHTY, THE MOST BENEFICIENT ALLAH, I've not even missed one attempt.

If I can do, you can also. It was Pracs, it was Late Mr. Ishfaq's advice; advised by Pracs to me and now I'm going to hope for a bright future. All that depends upon that how much courage do you have? How much potential do you have to fight against difficulties? How much do you have strong belief first of all on your GOD and then on YOU. I've chosen the following for myself and the following is the thing which is the secret of my success

DO OR DIE !

Yes, offcourse, ICAP the leader, has a very much strict and difficult course outline. Yes, the time is short. But for the benefit of whome? Think for whome? For yourself, for your family, for your own country, for your career.

Man ! Do you know who is the ICAP? YOU ARE THE ICAP ! You ! It's you !

Best of luck !
101% agreed with prac and zeph. Most important thing to achieve any target is self confidence and courage. When I was doing my ACCA 2.2 paper our teacher told us that your target should be to get the at least 80% marks in every paper. If you will set target to get higher mark than your mind will work accordingly and you will also put more effort on your study. At the end you may not achieve 80% but instead secure 60% marks but I am sure your will not be so upset because you have passed your paper. On the other hand, if you set target to get only 50% marks to pass the paper than you may not get 50% but instead get 49% and I am sure it will upset you a lot because you have failed your paper just for one mark.

Bear in mind that

“Success doesn’t come to you
You go for it”

Good Luck for you study
Well just i wanna say ....is..all those words..are " GOLDEN WORDS".

Let me just add on some thing abt myself. i was afraid of doing CA after i passed Inter,i was an average student, so i did BCOM, letr on i have joined ICMAP,i have also heard that ICMA is also as hard as CA, but as it was my big mistake by not getting admission in CA, i have worked hard with steer dedication and one of the great teacher of ICMAP Mr ATTAULLAH KHAN said to me " Just tune urself and u will become CMA". And ALHAMDULILLAH i got Special CM in Foundation 1.

But me dear freind i just wanna advice u that dont be afraid and as we all know that " Hmmat e MARDA MADAD e KHUDDA"

Regards.
good replies from all.
i myself have heard that CA is very difficult. i had GOD admission in two engineering univercities after fsc. but did not join there, bcz when i heard CA s very very difficult and very few people join it and many of them fail, then i siad i will take this challenge, i only joined CA bcz people say it is almost impossible to do, and
I LOVE IMPOSSIBLE
now i have given papers of c module and have not by the blessing of GOD faced any experience.
aur muje CA ki hardships main boht maza aya, i enjoyed.
salam ap sab logon ne suna ho ga k icap wants ryour comments that should ICAP change syllabi, should extend time period for modules.
how fear of CA in market can be abolished.
i personally think time period should never be extended.
Bear in mind that

“Success doesn’t come to you
You go for it” <b>(By sajjad_dar2000)</b>

Sajjad Dar has beautifully summarized each and every aspect of "Success" ! It's useless for one who just accepts this truth. One can never succeed until one practices what the respectable sajjad has said in his golden words !
should icap extend the time period for modules because they are difficult? if shud then how much
and what will be its effects
h
I am just going to quote the words of my teacher who said these words about esteemed ustaad, teacher, mentor and role model, a Chartered Accountant of course, the late Mr. Ishfaq Ahmed, FCA. (May Allah Subhan uta Allah grant him Janat AL Firdaus). I believe this is some thing he said to all Foundation batches

"Consider yourself in the army now, just as people go to Kakul for two years, you are in the profession for four years. All you will have to do is think about CA. Tell, this to our parents, to your siblings, to your friends. You are not to go on to attend any weddings for the next four years, unless ofcourse its your own, no social events. The only thing on your mind should be passing these exams, for this you must be ready to take on all that is in its way, your partner for not giving you time off, your teachers for not solving your problems and above all your self. If 2,000 people can pass an qualify the exam so can you"

I don't forget these words, all of it came true as I sped through my articles and exams, at times I had to be at logger heads with my principal, quarrel with my managers about exam leave, up nights not be able to sleep because there was no time to sleep after putting in 12 hours at office and then prepare for the exams. But all I had in mind was if other people can pass these exams, so can I. Once you are sure of your self, nothing comes in your way, the only hurdle is you !!!