Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ICAP Revised Modular Scheme (Modules A-D)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1-The Council has approved the new rules for appearing in Modules A to D examinations. Students may appear in two consecutive Modules. Therefore, a student may attempt consecutive Modules A & B or B & C or C & D as a single attempt. This will be effective from March/Spring, 2007 attempt.

2-ICAP has recently announced the Revised Modular Scheme for Modules A to D to be effective from November 1, 2006 and the first examination under the revised Modular scheme will be held in Spring 2007.

The scheme offers a revised Modular structure whereby the paper of “Introduction to Economics and Finance” is being transferred to Module B from Module A. This would provide the entry level students with an opportunity to exhibit their knowledge with a mature frame of understanding.

Furthermore, the paper of “Introduction to Information Technology” of Module B is being merged with “Information Technology” of Module D and Computer Practical Examination will be conducted soon after conduct of Intermediate Examinations. This modification not only reduces the number of total subjects at Foundation stage but also lessens the students’ trouble of attempting a support course twice.

The revised Modular Scheme contains the following subjects

Module A
Paper A1 Functional English
Paper A2 Quantitative Methods

Module B
Paper B3 Introduction to Economics and Finance
Paper B4 Introduction to Financial Accounting
Paper B5 Mercantile Law

Module C
Paper C6 Financial Accounting
Paper C7 Taxation
Paper C8 Business Communication & Behavioral Studies

Presentation Skills Training Course (PSTC) – 100 hrs Certificate*
*(Certificate will be issued by RAETs on completion and passing of PSTC and submitted when applying for Module C Examination or as applicable.)

Module D
Paper D9 Company Law
Paper D10 Cost Accounting
Paper D11 Auditing
Paper D12 Information Technology
Computer Practical Examination**

All current students shall be adjusted into the new scheme immediately on its implementation.
where did you find out all of this?

its not on icap's website.
?

this is in the ICAP's NEWSLETTER and these news was revolving since last 2 to 3 months
Thanks Adnan. I was not aware of it. As I've not been sent the newsletter yet. Perhaps, I live in Multan !
it seems that icap is determined to produce maximum possible chartered accountants in the country, i guess exemptions are also given in module A&B(functional english and economics).
members! what do you think????
As far as i know from unofficial sources, ICAP's aim is to produce some 10000 CA's in the next few yrs due to the increasing demand in the industry....prob dis is why such measures are being taken....
hope dis doesnt reduce the value of a CA!!!
i think this is done by ICAP because of the growing popularity of ACCA.
many students complete ACCA in 2 to 3 years and afterwards join as trainee in the firm gaining exemption form module A to D and also have the benefit of reduced training period of only 3 years. there has been a considerable decrease of students in RAETs and ICAP wants to curtail that but i think as long as the students have the resources to enroll in ACCA they would not be interested in joining ICAP. Also since there is no advantage of being an ACA over an ACCA in middle east.
since the popularity of ACCA in the last few years have increased ICAP is trying evey bit of trick up its sleeves to dicourage students from joining ACCA(look at the changes made by ICAP in the last two to three years!) but as long as the marking of papers by ICAP is not open and fair i dont think anyone would want to join ICAP.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />1-The Council has approved the new rules for appearing in Modules A to D examinations. Students may appear in two consecutive Modules. Therefore, a student may attempt consecutive Modules A & B or B & C or C & D as a single attempt. This will be effective from March/Spring, 2007 attempt.

2-ICAP has recently announced the Revised Modular Scheme for Modules A to D to be effective from November 1, 2006 and the first examination under the revised Modular scheme will be held in Spring 2007.

The scheme offers a revised Modular structure whereby the paper of “Introduction to Economics and Finance” is being transferred to Module B from Module A. This would provide the entry level students with an opportunity to exhibit their knowledge with a mature frame of understanding.

Furthermore, the paper of “Introduction to Information Technology” of Module B is being merged with “Information Technology” of Module D and Computer Practical Examination will be conducted soon after conduct of Intermediate Examinations. This modification not only reduces the number of total subjects at Foundation stage but also lessens the students’ trouble of attempting a support course twice.

The revised Modular Scheme contains the following subjects

Module A
Paper A1 Functional English
Paper A2 Quantitative Methods

Module B
Paper B3 Introduction to Economics and Finance
Paper B4 Introduction to Financial Accounting
Paper B5 Mercantile Law

Module C
Paper C6 Financial Accounting
Paper C7 Taxation
Paper C8 Business Communication & Behavioral Studies

Presentation Skills Training Course (PSTC) – 100 hrs Certificate*
*(Certificate will be issued by RAETs on completion and passing of PSTC and submitted when applying for Module C Examination or as applicable.)

Module D
Paper D9 Company Law
Paper D10 Cost Accounting
Paper D11 Auditing
Paper D12 Information Technology
Computer Practical Examination**

All current students shall be adjusted into the new scheme immediately on its implementation.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

when r u approving these changes so that ICAP may announce it publicly?
assalamualikum,
i think next few years r very important in the field of c.a. afterwards new horizons will b opened for chartered accountants.no of c,a's will increase as well as the competition.
regards
The total membership (of ACAs, FCAs) of ICAP as on "01 April, 2006" is 3843.
Northern Region 1508 Chartered Accountants (ACA/FCA)
Southern Region 2335 Chartered Accountants (ACA/FCA)

Five Year Statistical Data (Growth) of ICAP Members is as under;

YEAR-------2001----2002----2003----2004----2005
MEMBERS----2,702---3,036---3,226---3,377---3,591

Secondly, yeh mobile numbers 0333-5441004, 0301-5443147 forum members mai saay kis kay hain? jo different forum members kay mobile per misscalls/phone kerta hai aur background mai GALI GALOCH kee awazain kasta hai. yeh idiot herkatain kaun ker raha hai? plzzzzz... do avoid such non-sense activities. mai naam nahi laina chahta, i think yeh inhee 8, 9 bando mai say koi hai, jinhon nay mairee is post kay replies diyain hain....I SEE YOU