Accountancy Forum

Full Version: MOD-B books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Can somebody tell me which book is good to study for Mercantile Law.
and is Shukla's book good or Cheema's book is good?

I recommend you to read Cheema's book and
revise that at least 3 times before exam

As it is easily understandable,
cover 100% syllabus of icap and
maximum read book for MCLAW paper by CA students,

But also review Case study from Shukla book,
because same cases have been tested by
ICAP in past.

Best Luck
Shukla is much better book than that of 'Khalid Mehmood Cheema' especially w.r.t case studies. Day-by-day, ICAP has started focusing on the case-studies at an increasing rate (like 25 marks, 35 marks, even 45 marks)
So, I'll strongly recommend you to consult/use "Mercantile Law by M.C. Kucchhel (Indian Author)". It is the best book (from case-studies point-of-view) among all of them. For Trust Act only, read thoroughly notes prepared in the Bare Acts.
Cheema's + PBP + Pastpapers
how about Kuchhal?
i have mostly heard of cheema's book.. but in skans we have been told to study Shukla+Study Text.
i have gone to book shops. but cant find shukla's book.
Study Text is too tough to understand in begining stage.
First i have to make little bit base for ML.
The book "Mercantile Law by M.C. Kucchhel (Indian Author)" is being considered as the one of the best books written on this subject (especially for the accountancy students; fully covered the prescribed course of ICAP). It is very useful for all law/accountancy students (especially for the beginners/fresh entrants).

Use "<B5> MERCANTILE LAW, CA-Study Text by PBP" only for the preparation of the first part of course. i.e; "Introduction to legal system of Pakistan". For others laws/acts, it is not so much effective book. Case studies are insufficient. Theoretical concepts are not completely given & are not fully explained in a regular sequence; they are scattered throughout a particular chapter in an irregular manner. You are a beginner, so I'll not suggest you to use or depend on this book fully; It can create problems for you because of its technicalities & its little bit difficult language.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />The book "Mercantile Law by M.C. Kucchhel (Indian Author)" is being considered as the one of the best books written on this subject (especially for the accountancy students; fully covered the prescribed course of ICAP). It is very useful for all law/accountancy students (especially for the beginners/fresh entrants).

Use "<B5> MERCANTILE LAW, CA-Study Text by PBP" only for the preparation of the first part of course. i.e; "Introduction to legal system of Pakistan". For others laws/acts, it is not so much effective book. Case studies are insufficient. Theoretical concepts are not completely given & are not fully explained in a regular sequence; they are scattered throughout a particular chapter in an irregular manner. You are a beginner, so I'll not suggest you to use or depend on this book fully; It can create problems for you because of its technicalities & its little bit difficult language.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

thx a lot for the reply.So what should i buy
Shukla+Study Text
OR
Cheema+Study Text
OR
Kucchhel+Study Text

and what u have used to get through this paper.what was ur strategy and timetable for this sub.

i think N.D KAPOOR is also a good book
Cheema+Study Text is the best One option.

Donot confuse much in selection of books,
busy yourself in revision again and again.

My strategy was very simple,
I prepared this paper only from Cheema
book and passed it in 1st attempt
but thoroughly revised at least 4 times
before final exam.

Sincere Advise to u that to read the book
conceptually and then try to revise as
many time as you may......
you may refer to these books;
M.C. Kucchhel + Khalid Mehmood Cheema/CA-Study Text by PBP + Past Papers by PAC, Lahore