Accountancy Forum

Full Version: What do you do when your boss tells you to ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you do when your boss tells you to manipulate Financial statements, and you are the preparer of financial statements.

So if the fraud is caught by the auditors, you are the one who is going to be blamed for the fraud and not your boss. So the question is , will you give up your job OR follow your boss's intsructions? (Boss may be a high level manager or a director, chairman, whoever )

?
Also try to give the answer of my question, & my question is;

During the audit of any bank (especially bank branch), can an auditor detect cash-fraud(s) (cash-fraud through a technique "Parallel Banking" (in banking terminology) or "Teeming & Lading" (in auditing/accounting terminology) committed by the BANK MANAGER/BRANCH MANAGER and where the bank customer/depositer doesn't make a complaint about the misappropriation of cash by that manager/officer to any other staff officer of that branch or to the upper level management of that bank?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />Also try to give the answer of my question, & my question is;

During the audit of any bank (especially bank branch), can an auditor detect cash-fraud(s) (cash-fraud through a technique "Parallel Banking" (in banking terminology) or "Teeming & Lading" (in auditing/accounting terminology) committed by the BANK MANAGER/BRANCH MANAGER and where the bank customer/depositer doesn't make a complaint about the misappropriation of cash by that manager/officer to any other staff officer of that branch or to the upper level management of that bank?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If auditors can do that via parallel banking and teaming and lading, i sure hope someone can teach me how to do these techniques so that i can get the branch managers of the Allied bank wherein my savings account is to be found caught red handed since he is the one who doesnt give me monthly profits for the P & L account and says that the company didnt earn any profit. What the hell? [(!]
This is a real adapted case, recently happened in one of the leading commercial banks of Pakistan. I don't want to disclose tha name of the bank.
If you don't mind dear Antimason! Do avoid to do such criminal act, other-wise your case will directly be submitted to Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) or to the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). (;-)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />This is a real adapted case, recently happened in one of the leading commercial banks of Pakistan. I don't want to disclose tha name of the bank.

If you don't mind dear Antimason! Do avoid to do such criminal act, other-wise your case will directly be submitted to Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) or to the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). (;-)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Criminal act? I am stating the truth. By the way, i am not using my real for a reason here isn't it? But i can prove to the "NAB" that they are not paying me my profit share

ok! if you'll prove that then you can do this. you are allowed to do parallel banking/teeming & lading.
antimaon bhai. dont do this. because if caught, whatever which has happened, you would have done it. not your boss. the person who does crime is the one who gets punished. just by saying that my boss asked me to so i did, wont save you. infact your boss would be INNOCENT & you will be the SINNER. only you no one else. and you won't have any proof that your boss said to do it. REALLY! proving you did'nt got the share doesn't means you wont be get punished; you have done the crime. waisay bhi aap kay boss nay apnay aap ko innocent sabit karnay kay liye intazzam kia hoga definitely........ woh innocent sabit ho jayae ga aur jis nay kia hai woh mujrim.

Its not only i am saying. but actually i know a person, a very influential one & now days member of board of director of one the largest & richest pak companies. he threatened his subordinates like this many times. when NAB came he proved to be innocent & his subordinates got jailed...

recently there came a drama on atv (a real story drama based on NAB files) with exactly the same story like yours...... at the end the nab caught the subordinate & the chairman flew away to dubai.... later on nab wasn't able to prove the chairman guilty & the innocent???? guilty committed suicide. halanka he also proved that he didn't got the profit share.

dont do this. save ur self. if there is too much pressure on u tell ur boss that it is me who will get caught by nab. agar bohat hi problem hai & u are doing it then please get ur share of profit too )