Accountancy Forum

Full Version: The month of birth of Intelligent people (April)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK guys let me tell you about the month in which intelligent, hardworking and self confident people born.

i think to analyse this we have to look at the date of birth of those who are in field where only intelligent people can reach. so I wouldn’t be wrong to choose the date of birth of ACCA/ICAP qualified (or student, because only those get enrolled in CA who are hardworking and self confident).

having looked at the date of birth for 32 people in this forum t (“Date of birth” in general discussion) http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2883&whichpage=1 I found following result

<u>Month</u>---------------------<u>No. of Individual born</u>

January------------------- 1
February------------------ 3
March--------------------- 3
April--------------------- 7
May ---------------------- 2
June---------------------- 1
July---------------------- 3
August-------------------- 4
September----------------- 2
October------------------- 3
November------------------ 1
December------------------ 2

<b>Total</b>-------------<b>32</b>

you will identify that highest number (7) of people born in April 22% and second bigger number is 3 which is 9% of total people.

<b>Conclusion</b>
Majority of intelligent people born is April and most exiting thing is “ I born is April” hehehehehehe

You have used a flawed population to draw your inference,. since a majority of memebers have not disclosed their date of births..Happy birthday btw,,, same to the other 6.. aprilites
very right mr. pracs, most of the members didn't disclose their DOB.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sajjad_dar2000</i>
<br />OK guys let me tell you about the month in which intelligent, hardworking and self confident people born.

i think to analyse this we have to look at the date of birth of those who are in field where only intelligent people can reach. so I wouldn’t be wrong to choose the date of birth of ACCA/ICAP qualified (or student, because only those get enrolled in CA who are hardworking and self confident).

having looked at the date of birth for 32 people in this forum t (“Date of birth” in general discussion) http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2883&whichpage=1 I found following result

you will identify that highest number (7) of people born in April 22% and second bigger number is 3 which is 9% of total people.

<b>Conclusion</b>
Majority of intelligent people born is April and most exiting thing is “ I born is April” hehehehehehe

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i thought august is in the second place with 4 members born this month.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sajjad_dar2000</i>
<br />OK guys let me tell you about the month in which intelligent, hardworking and self confident people born.

<b>Conclusion</b>

i thought august is in the second place with 4 members born this month.
Typical accountant approach BUT u r right..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />You have used a flawed population to draw your inference,. since a majority of memebers have not disclosed their date of births..Happy birthday btw,,, same to the other 6.. aprilites

I think it doesn’t make any difference that how may members disclosed their DOB. 32 members disclosed their DOB and I think it is enough to analyse…… One of the news paper (forgot the name) choose 1500 people out of whole population in UK for survey to predict the election result. They predict the election result accurately.

And don’t be serious yar I didn’t say that intelligent people only take birth in April[D][D][D]
Well, its fine as long as you are not talking about 'the Genius' which without the shadow of doubt are born in September.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Well, its fine as long as you are not talking about 'the Genius' which without the shadow of doubt are born in September.

Instead of calling it September I would say virgoes[Wink]
<br />Well, its fine as long as you are not talking about 'the Genius' which without the shadow of doubt are born in September.

Bear in mind that intelligent people become “The Genius” without intelligence it is impossible to become Genius. So without the shadow of doubt April1ies are Genius.

[8D]
hey thanks.... i was also born in april..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>

Instead of calling it September I would say virgoes[Wink]

Agreed.. Virgoes rock )
<font color="blue">uffff!!! wow wht a <b>perfect sample size</b> taken 32 out of 1494 ... tht makes 2.14% of the total Participating members(in the forum) AND if u take out of the total members (3017) .. I neednt mention but still ……….. its 1.06 % of the total members
HA HA HA [o)][})]

*** wasay sajjad in which month were u born in ??? oh ! its mentioned above in April ... Y ant ANY ONE surprised ?? .. [P]</font id="blue">

gallop survey is a science & it also takes a very little population even much more less than 2.14%
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sahar_M</i>
<br /><font color="blue">uffff!!! wow wht a <b>perfect sample size</b> taken 32 out of 1494 ... tht makes 2.14% of the total Participating members(in the forum) AND if u take out of the total members (3017) .. I neednt mention but still ……….. its 1.06 % of the total members
HA HA HA [o)][})]

*** wasay sajjad in which month were u born in ??? oh ! its mentioned above in April ... Y ant ANY ONE surprised ?? .. [P]</font id="blue">

In one of my earlier post I said that one of UK news paper took the sample of 1500 people (out of whole UK population) to predict the UK election result and they predict the result accurately. Now consider following-

UK total population (2001)

England 49,138,831 (83.6 per cent of the total population);
Scotland 5,062,011 (8.6 per cent);
Wales 2,903,085 (4.9 per cent); and
Northern Ireland 1,685,267 (2.9 per cent).

Total 58,789,194

The sample taken by the UK newspaper 1500 (in percentage term 0.003%) and my sample is 800 (about) times bigger than UK newspaper therefore you cant object on my chosen samples by its size.

Yon know why other more seniors members of this forum didn’t object on the size of my sample? Because they know result depends on quality of samples not on quantity/numbers.

Assume you are auditing a bank and you need to check accuracy of its transaction. Bank has a millions transaction. How would you audit its transaction?…if I take your approach to audit the bank transaction than I need about 5 years to complete my work. But If I take my approach to audit the transaction than I would only select few transaction to assess the accuracy of its transaction.

The professionals say that if you have one million transaction to audit than 45 quality/good sample are enough to determine the accuracy of its transaction.

Now you can laugh other side of your face. hehehehehehe

one more thing...i dont know what month you born but i can bet that you didnt born in April......[D][D][D][D][D][D][D]
<font color="blue">
[P]..
yeah thts an accounant point of view ,,n if i ant mistaken thts called random samplying (hit n trial method,, gud for chking of errors). but i would still say tht ur sample size is very inappropriate .. theres no logic behind it they r simply based on ppl who cared to mention there dob's,, , we can come to many other conclusion frm it as well … like …. The highest % tht choose to reply are born in april .. ************ ,, just choose 32 ppl n conclude stuff on its base. WOW!!!!!

N y didnt any one else object.. hello didn’t praces object ???

Oh! I didn’t take time to notice tht I wasn’t born in april .. ofcourse I wasn’t ,, otherwise y would I be objecting on the sample size. [P]

khar wht eva ur stactistics proves ,, exceptions do exist n I shall like to be the exception [Wink] no hard feeling [D]</font id="blue">
Pages: 1 2