Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Information about the Selection of Institute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AOA
Dear Friends;
My B.com Final year exames are yet to begin.They'll take almost one month and the result would be declared after 2 months.
Friends i decided to enter into the professional studies and I've to take an inintiative from the ACCA.

Now the problem is that i am confused to select the institute for the study of ACCA.Some told me that i've to join Skans and in opion of some others i've to join PAC.

I am from Gujranwala and PAC had established a campus for the CAT and ACCA in our city.
My request is that whether i've to join that campus which is in our city or i've to move towards Lahore in order to join Skans.

Please inform me by emailing me at my email address.
mzikria_yamin@yahoo.com
Thanks
Zikria
If PAC maintain the same level of standard as has been in Lahore,.. I guess that would be more convenient for you. It would be a good idea to check out their Faculty in Gujranwala.

Apart from that I think Skans and PAC are pretty much on the same line.
AOA
Dear Friends
The Campus of PAC situated in Gujranwala is currently providing the tution for the initial papers of ACCA and CAT.
They had appointed three personels whose details are as

Mohammad Shafaqat; CA qualified for 1.1 paper of ACCA
Kamran Haider; ACA For 1.2 paper of ACCA.
Mohammad Waqas ; ACCA CA finalyst.for the appers of CAT

Now please tell me whether i've to join that campus of PAC or not?

Thanks
Zikria

I think 'Mian Ahmed Farhan, APA, ACA, APIM' (Also Lecturer, IBA-PU, Lahore) is heading that GRW campus; but that is a newly established campus & doesn't have experienced faculty there. Anyways, you can join that campus, but it will be better for you to come to Lahore & join PAC, Lahore (Ravi & Ishfaq Campus).
On the other hand, SKANS is also good for ACCA education specifically.
And in my openion if you want to do ACCA try selfstudy or combined study. You have a B.Com background and part one will be no tough for you. You can gain more marks in self study.
ACCA Study text are easy to understand. Just go through you study txt then do kits and then past papers. Keep short notes while going through your study text and after doing past papers revise from those short notes near exam.

This is six month process for ACCA self study.

SHAHID
Thanks
Shahid Bhai.
Can you tell me if a person get both of the qualifications i.e ACCA and ACA then can he get a reasonable job in Pakistan.
Truelly, I am hanging in between the selection of ACCA and ACA.
I don't know from which i've to take initiative.
Please tell me, I'll be very thankfull.
Thanks
Zikria
The best choise for you right know is ACCA.
Its up to you what you do after ACCA - Its a door for the world of accountancy you can do any thing after ACCA (i.e ACA, CFA, ICAEW, etc)
ICAP will give you examptions of 4 modules after ACCA (it means in the same time you will be ACCA + CA Mod A,B,C,D)

About reasonable job
Even after ACCA you will get more then reasonable job so ACA will be a value addition.
Dear Brother
Some one had told that CPA USA is more valuable than the CA of ICAP and ICAEW.
Is there any reality about that?
Also tell me whether the CFA qualification is considered as equavalent to ACA of ICAP

Finally, I am very thankfull to you for the provision of such a usefull information and guideness. And Finalysed my decision to take start from the ACCA.
once again i canveys heartest thnks to you.
Zikria Yamin
yamin sahab .....firstly jahan ka visa bhee milta hai wahan ka CA acha hai....secondly, ya jo Gwa campus kay teachers hain unkay qualifications' certificates zaror check ker laina....
If i'll try to do so, They will Kickout me from the campus.
Hello Zikria, although I dont know how the conditions actually r in Gjrnwla, but i wont suggest u to take coachin from there. Shud cum to lahore. SKANS is well renowned for ACCA coachin, perhaps among the best for it in lahore (i m from skans) PAC, is equally good and there are many others. When we are talkin bout ACCA coachin intitute is never a big issue, u can join any there
is not much difference (it shud be a famous one like skans,pac, ncbae etc) Self study is an alternative but i wont suggest it in the first part.

ACCA or CA, its undoubted dat till now CA is much better than ACCA in Pakistani Market. Yet even if u want to do CA, begining with ACCA is much a better choice. (i did nt know it otherwise i wud hav cum from ACCA route)

As Shahid mentioned after completin ACCA (2 yrs) u wud be given xemption for CA Inter (4 modules, 2 yrs) and a six month reduction in article period. ACCA is never a childs play yet far easier than CA.

Additionally as mentioned earlier ACCA is door to the world of accountancy

If u join this field firstly make sure dat u r consistent enuff
Ahmad Farhan Sahib (ACA, APA) are coaching out there.
Jafar Hussain Sahab also visits the campus after every 6 to 8 days.
So whether for Part-1, i have to join that campus or not?
Well Zikria as i mentioned i hav no idea bout the conditions in Gjrnwla, PAC is a well renowned institute and it wud keep its quality in gjrwla.
Take ur decision with 0% dependency on wat i said in my last message and as i mentioned institute is not a very big issue when we r talking bout ACCA coachin. I wud suggest dont depend much on this forum for takin ur decesion
Thanks for your suggestion.
I just wanted to discuss the issue with the seniors like, My Dear Pracs,You,Shahid, Hanif,adnan ashraf etc. Because i think these are in better position to suggest me a good course of action.
I am not a senior, but yup 3 or 4 years in this profession. I never meant dont discuss, me too discuss every such thing. What i said was dat u can decide better which one is the better place for u to study Lahore or Gujranwala
Pages: 1 2