Accountancy Forum

Full Version: SOCIAL ACCOUNTING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA

ITS ASAD ULLAH

HOPE SO U PEOPLE WILL SOON CREATE A LONG N NEVER ENDED DISCUSSION

Would you please discus on this topic
where it is applied and is there any certification or degree that can be earned.
I have some knowledge but thats not enough

Social accounting is concerned with how to report upon the application of the social policies adopted by an organisation, and upon how they have impacted upon the organisation and its environment.

Types of Social accounting
Social accounting can be divided into five general areas.
<ul><li>National social income accounting </li><li>Social auditing</li><li>Financial social accounting in profit-oriented organisations</li><li>Managerial social accounting in profit-oriented organisations</li><li>Financial and/or managerial social accounting for non-profit organisation</li></ul>
no idea!
Regard
Well i have certain questions regarding it
- Have IFAC considered it so far
- If yes are there any standards for that
- Is it applied anywhere in the world or just an idea out of the mind of someone
- Wut r the basic concepts of it
- Wut is the basic theme in applying it
- Does it deal with moral things or address specific accounting and auditing issues
There are quite a few more questions but kindly reply these so that we may start a discussion on it
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Abdur.Rehman</i>
<br />Well i have certain questions regarding it
- Have IFAC considered it so far
- If yes are there any standards for that
- Is it applied anywhere in the world or just an idea out of the mind of someone
- Wut r the basic concepts of it
- Wut is the basic theme in applying it
- Does it deal with moral things or address specific accounting and auditing issues
There are quite a few more questions but kindly reply these so that we may start a discussion on it
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

A-O-A

<b>Sir first of all its not an idea out of the mind of someone</b>

You can consult <b>Frank Woods & Alan Sangester (Business Accounting 2 Seventh Edition)</b>The last topic of social accounting
As I have menstioned earlier I dont have enough knowledge on this
But in the book the auther didnt describe about any standards in detail He has just menstioned that how it will be benefitial for the socity.

About Costs and Measurement the auther says

The difficulty of identifying costs and measuring the effects of (often intangible) factors that contributs to the value of an organisation It is obvious that employee loyalty and commitment to quality performance increase this value, but how are such intangibles to be measured using objective and verifiable techniques ?
Where social actions are required by legislation they can often be costed reasonably accurately.For e.g there are a large number of European union directives which have been implemented in the uk relating to social and environmental policies including the monitoring and control of air and water pollution.The costs of complying with these disclosure requirements and operational control measures can be high and as numbers of regulations increase,these costs will become a basic and essential part of <b>financial statements</b>It will become increasingly improtant that not only the costs are reproted but also the benefits and this is where the difficulties arise HOW CAN THE BENEFIT OF CONTROLLING POLLUTION FROM A FACTORY BE EVALUATED? INDEED SHOULD AN ATTEMPT BE MADE TO EVALUATE THEM AT ALL? WOULD THEY BE BETTER REPORTED IN QUALITATIVE OR NON-FINANCIAL QUANTITATIVE TERMS?

Assessment of issues of this type require different techniques from those traditionally used,and organisation accounting information system will need to take this into account,not just in terms of using more qualitative value criteria but also in selecting the information which is sought in order <b>to assist in the decision making process.</b>

AND IT GOES ON AND ON

I excuse to all of placing that much text here but still i have the same ques you have pleas read and share any thing new.
Asad,,

Here is some thing of the net, which you may or may not have come across

http//www.neweconomics.org/gen/newways_socialaudit.aspx

I read about so called 'social accounting' in another life time,,. but that is the last time I heard about it. I think its one of those 'social benefit agendas' that have not come across, primarliy because of

- lack of external users
- difficulty in measurement of KPIs related
- hetrogenous nature of various social indicators and importance to various class of stake holders

Well there could be a whole lot of other issues
Mr. John thanx for increasing my knowledge upto a great extent and i dont want to acquire any more knowledge regarding ur idea. so im out of this discussion
A-O-A

SORRY TO SAY SIR BUT AGAIN ITS NOT MY IDEA
and i have visited neweconomics.org but still it didnt answered every ques asked by you.