Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Scope of Australian CA in Pakistan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Friends
AOA
Can any body inform me about the value of Australian CA in Pakistan.
Can they earn more rather than the Icapians?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks
Zikria
zakraian why u compare all qualification of the world with icap , come on yer they have there own value in there countries ,
I dont think that any other chartered accountancy qualification other than icaew's can earn more then icap's in pakistan.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br />I dont think that any other chartered accountancy qualification other than icaew's can earn more then icap's in pakistan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Don't forget relevant experience,skills and expertise (needed in the market place) along with the qualification. An accountant from ICAA,. may fall into any of the categories,. ie below ICAP, at par or above.. my Principal (a big4 in Lahore) was an Australian CA and ran a very successful consultancy
Well
The success depends upon the skills,experience and expertise.
So If the qualified person of ICAA wishes to get the ACA of ICAEW then he has to pass only the British company law and taxation, similarly, if an ICAEWian wishes to get the Australian CA then he has to pass the Australian Taxation and corporate law.
But if any icapian wishes to get the ICAEW ACA then he has to pass the advance stage along with the British corporate law and taxation whereas if he want to get the Australian CA will not get any exemption from there.
So on the basis of such facts can we conclude that the Australin CA is not only better than ICAP but also equavalent to ICAEW.
Please post your comments.
Yes I presume given your point of view there, ICAA would be one step up compared to ICAP since it enjoys 'reciprocal arrangements' with ICAEW.. in the same stride ACCA+5 years.. would be almost at par with ICAEW since all you have to do is complete competency forms and get two ICAEW meembers to endorse your application. No exams involved there.. (Ofcourse if you can bear to wait that long !)
With due Respect
Dear Pracs,
Thanks alot for your assistance .
With ACCA + 5 years one can get the ACA of ICAEW if it is refrenced by two ICAEW members.
These 5 years whether include the period of 3 years of articleship of ACCA or not.
Allah Hafiz
Its 5 years Post Qualified, so you would have to be an FCCA