Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA, CIMA OR MBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
AOA guyz, i am from abu dhabi working as an accountant in an exchange house. i already did MA Economics from Peshawar University and BBA from Allama ibqbal open university. As i had come here from Pakistan with this company with no bargaining or negotiation on salary in 2003 , still getting the same low salary about 30k pak rs. As according to the country's immigration rules if i have to resigne then i will have to be remain in my own country for six months. this ban of six months is also no problem but the problem is of confidence that i dont have on my present qualification. So to be confident and prosperous in future career what should i do 'acca, cima or MBA. And will it be good to do it from UK or from Pakistan. If i do it from pakistan, should i enroll in an institution or it can be done through self study.

Any guy please can suggest me.
inayat khan UAE
Inayat

Since you are an accountant and I understand you would like to progress in that.. I would suggest you to go for ACCA,. it may be a little time consuming compared to MBA.. but it will be much better in the long run. For this you need not go to the UK,.. there are excellent resources and teaching colleges available in Pakistan at a competitive fee (compared to the UK). There are now colleges in Dubai that offer similar classes but this would expensive compared to Pakistan.

MBA would be an option but only if you do from a top notch school in Pakistan like LUMS or IBA.. otherwise you have a Masters degree in Economics so I would not recommend you to go for another Masters degree from XYZ Uni that would not add much to your skills.

ACCA has a reasonable good market in UAE (AED 6,000 Plus) and like wise in Pakistan these days. I think you would get some exemptions as well based on your Masters degree. Bear in mind this would be time consuming atleast 2.5-3 years atleast. But this is some thing you can do along while working.

Another option is the American CPA.. which is some thing you would be able to round of in a year's time as well (I am not sure what extent of complex accounting issues you are trained in) but the main bottle neck there is ofcourse the US visa and the fee involved.

Hope this helped

Thank you so much Pracs. Its exciting for me to have first time such discussion in a forum especially when someone reply with such sincerity. As you suggest ACCA in Pakistan is good while working but not sure about getting the job to afford and if so then long long days of 8 to 10 hours work further reliance on for 2.5 to 3 years is looking quite difficult as compare to UK where one can do part time considering it manageable coz of hourly pay system and big job market.
Please add your comments

inayat
Hello Inayat !
Hope that you are doing well . Yes on the basis of MBA you can get exemptions for 5 papers as i am a MBA i got exemptions , But the whole game starts after these ,,, I suggest if u r knowledge based and practicle then go for ACCA not for MBA . As ACCA is very growing body and we have an edge we can get BSC Honors degree as well ( certain conditions ) . ACCA is more practicle and demanding .
As far as Self study / Coaching classes is concerned . As it seems like you havent any background of typical Finance / accounting (like CAT etc) so i suggest you to use the option of Coaching rather than Self study , Because in self study u need lot of time to go thru as well most of concepts u couldnt go thru while in self study . A good suggestion is that visit local market , consult with pplz and select good coaching centre .

PRACS -- Brother ,Let me know if i m mistaken (as u r senior)
)
Thank you
Abdul Samad
seesamad@hotmail.com
Thank you Pracs and Samad for your impressive and relevent suggestions. Now as i want the start then how i will register in ACCA and what they will require for. So please mention the process to enable me for the nearest sitting. And would i be able if i register here and take my exam in Pakistan?

Thank you again
u may sit now in dec. 06 attempt .

and if u r going to take any coaching(obviously from any institute)they will help u and tell u all abt the registration process.
anyhow if u r not going for any institution , then go to your nearest acca office(u can locate it from acca webstie) bring the acca registration + exemption form and submitt it. Also they(acca office) will guide u better
they make you fool

dont get advice from them

they misguide you

ca and acca both are very hard and costly

you become old

do MBA
Hello Inayat / Farhan851
I am totally disagree with farhan 85 , pls think professionally , decision is urs . A MBA and ACCA final stage student advising u go for 'ACCA rather MBA . U can do MBA as " SHOKIA" After ACCA .

Pls disregard any suggestions from farhan85 .

DO hardwork , ACCA demands commitments and time . Go for it man and DO IT u CAN DO . )

Thanks n forgive me FARHAn
yes Mr. farhan
acca and ca are both very difficult to do and pass
BUT for the students/peoples just like u. who not hav any kind of target in their life and waste all the time.and after 20,25 years abuse the country that it dosn't provide any opportunities
hello guyz, thanks for hot participation. It really put me in some ambiguity regarding MBA and ACCA as i am approaching to my 29th years of age. Keeping ur heart quyz, i am going to UK for MBA and ACCA both. If 6 papers are exempted in ACCA due to MBA then i must start it first with the rest of ACCA to complete later, after the completion of MBA as for ACCA i will have ten years.
Guyz the required finance is no problem, as i have earned my own without being paracite.

thanks

hey,
Sorry to interupt you guys, but here in PK as far as I've heard that u got exemptions from 5 ACCA papers after doing MBA. but, after ACCA you will have to complete only 1 year of MBA. isn't it right. and if it is right. Is it sensible to waste 2 or 3 years on MBA to claim exemptions from 5 ACCA papers which could be done within a year. correct me if I am wrong.
yes salmancert ,u r 100% correct
but every body has its own taste.
preferrence must b first given to your liking/taste
if somneone wants to do MBA then he should try to get in it and join the best institution for it , he may perform a loooooot of better then if he joins ACCA( or any other due to any reason)
Sure salman,
i also heard that if one submit thesis after ACCA, then Oxford Brook award full MBA Degree.Please add if somebody sure about that.
Now the question is that alone ACCA will consume minimum of 2 to 3 years to complete and then adding one year more to get both in total of 4 years. If i start from MBA then the same span of time will take both,but i will be handed over a degree somewhat a 1.5 t 2 years ago.Now it comes the importance of ACCA and MBA. Which should be acquired first. I welcome any comment and suggestion which can lead me to the logical conclusion.

thanks
ACCA IS TIME CONSUMING
AND MONEY CONSUMING IT REQUIRES MUCH MONEY IT IS EXPENSIVE

WHERE ACCA IS REQUIRED MBA IS ALSO REQUIRED THEIR

SO WHY WASTE YOUR TIME ON ACCA

MBA IS MUCH CHEAPER THAN ACCA
Hi

Do u know how long MBA will take?
Pages: 1 2 3