Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Maximizing Your Accounting Career Potential
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I’m a recruiter specializing in accounting in the New England area, but I am happy to give advice to people from any area of the country. I pride myself on finding the right fit for you and the client.

I am very good at finding opportunities for those in public who want to make a move to private. That could be for any number of reasons, but some obvious ones are a desire for a reduction in hours, or more compensation for hours worked, quicker advancement opportunities than with their public firm; which also could lead to more money. Many like the chance to branch out and try new businesses and industries as well.

I basically help advance careers and keep people on track to maximize their career potential. You must think of your present position in terms of an opportunity cost for other opportunities. Is there a path for advancement there? Have you been advancing the way you should staff 1-2 years, senior 2.5-4 years, supervising senior/manager 4-6 years. Is the money right for you? Who is in the way of your advancement, are they going to be there for many years to come. Ask yourself what that will cost you in the long run. The current standard for length of time with an employer is about 6 years. That means in order to maximize your earning potential; you should be making about 5 or 6 job changes throughout your career as a general rule. Especially in the early years of your career as you search for the right fit.

Please feel free to email me with any questions, or to send me your resume. There is no cost to you for finding you a new position. The client will bare all costs. I will work completely confidentially for you.

Think about what you would like your next career move to be? What would you enjoy doing more of in terms of your career? Then leave it to me to work with you to find the right company for you.

My email address is newenglandrecruiter@yahoo.com