Accountancy Forum

Full Version: State Bank's Rating of Firms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
State BAnk rates firms as A, B or C. Can anybody please tell me where can I get this

Shoaib
visit this link
http//www.sbp.org.pk/bsd/2003/C3.htm
Now Maani and Pracs please suggest how this list could be helpful for a student like me in takin the decision of joing a firm?
This classification of firms is mainly meant for banks, they have to chose the firm from Category A if the bank is the larger one, medium sized banks can choose from Category A and B, and small sized can choose from all the three categories......in this sense the list is not directly useful for the purposes of students,
But this implies that the firms in Category A are of larger sizes, having larger work force, offices in main cities, good Quality Control history etc.
For a student, in my view, that firm will be better, which gives diverse exposure, woke experience in different industries...
Dreaming about Big 4 and talking about "which firm i should choose" is very easy,and most of pre-CA Inter students are fond of asking such queries, but you(not specific to you) will see the real picture when you will complete your CA-Inter...
If you got good educational background, CA-Inter in lesser attempts then you will be able to make a good place...other wise you will not be in a position to "make a decision"...thatz it
Thanks Maani, I had a hint of the situation already, just needed some explanations. These rating are just bank specific and perhaps may be just one mean for a student to judge a firm.

Maani I am a trainee for last two years, yet had some concern with this due to some reasons...............
In which firm you are working?
Doin in sumwhere in Lahore.
so you dont want to disclose its name, anywayz its fine.
And what about you, perhaps you have but i dont know
I am still in process, as soon as I will join a firm, I will tell you, will not hesitate whether it wud be a Big 4 or something other...
Lolz, Maani I am not in big four, and it was never very hard for me to claim that I was in big4 atleast on this forum.

Sir mind it please me not being in big4 is not the reason for hesitatin, and still for your information I am not in Big 20. (/reason never being I could not find anything better)

Waisay kaun say module main hain aap?
I have completed my CA-Inter in Spring 2006 this year, So you can say that I am in Module E, though I am not registered as a trainee yet, after which I will in actual become a Module E student...
You took my last post wrongly, the whole last post was about me, infact my last post should be like this,
"I will not hesitate whether it would be a Big 4 or something other..."
Thanks for the correction, although there was nothing to mind in there. So, you have decided to take some rest after tough venture talking bout ur Inter. Big4 I sugget should be your prefrence.
No rest at all, search for a good firm started the next day of result, hopefully I will be in a Big4 in few dayz (InshAllah)...
Really good. You should go for Big4 instead of jumping anywhere else, no matter even if you have to waste some of your time. I am sure you are aware of these things better than I do.

Which is at No. 5 in your opinion? A bit more personal question Batch konsa hay aapka?
Pages: 1 2