Accountancy Forum

Full Version: review engagement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can any one explain me what is meaning of REVIEW ENGAGEMENT in auditing
These engagements have a limited scop of work e.g,to obtain moderate assurance as to whether financial statements are free from material misstatements. Review engagements includes interm review,half yearly review and final review. These engagements provide less assurance than audit. we perform only inquiries and some analytical procedures in review engagements.

Deliverables A review report is delivered to the client in review engagement forming such a conclusion that e.g,

Based on our review, nothing has come to our attention that cause us to believe that the financial statements are not presented fairly, in all material aspects, in accordiance with approved accounting standards as applicable in pakistan.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kam</i>
<br />These engagements have a limited scop of work e.g,to obtain moderate assurance as to whether financial statements are free from material misstatements. Review engagements includes interm review,half yearly review and final review. These engagements provide less assurance than audit. we perform only inquiries and some analytical procedures in review engagements.

Deliverables A review report is delivered to the client in review engagement forming such a conclusion that e.g,

Based on our review, nothing has come to our attention that cause us to believe that the financial statements are not presented fairly, in all material aspects, in accordiance with approved accounting standards as applicable in pakistan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

thank you
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sara-i</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kam</i>
<br />These engagements have a limited scop of work e.g,to obtain moderate assurance as to whether financial statements are free from material misstatements. Review engagements includes interm review,half yearly review and final review. These engagements provide less assurance than audit. we perform only inquiries and some analytical procedures in review engagements.

thank you
u well come