Accountancy Forum

Full Version: MBA or CA or ACCA ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guyz i need ur help so plzz help me....
actually i hv done I.COM from GOVT. COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND ECONOMICS , karachi.
and iam confused to take decision...
plzz guys suggest me dat wht i Shud i do next ??
if i do B.COM then which iz most valuable at professional level MBA , CA or ACCA ??
plzz reply me...
The three you mentioned are different fields having their on significance each.

It's common perception that market is saturated with MBAs, however, recent boom in banking sector and others has once again made this in demand. If you opt MBA you have to make sure you do it from some renowned institute.

CA is lengthy, 5.5 yeared, quite tough but well paying. B.com is never recomended if you want to start CA. Despite being well paying I don't think it is much recomended.

ACCA a 5 yeared program, I am not very much sure what is going to be the future prospects of it. However, I beleive it would be better than an MBA from some not very good institution. ACCA may also prove to be helpful if you want to go abroad for some studies or future in accountancy. Also, if you want to do CA, going through ACCA route is much better. You may save your time if do CAT instead of B.com, however, I guess it will be a bit more costly.

I am a student of CA and this all is just my perception based on my experience. What I suggest is go for something, never just end on b.com or m.com.

Shoaib
i think schuaeb is 100% correct. if you wanna do mba, then do it from a renowned institution.
acca is a good route to ca. even if you fail to do ca then u eud have acca.... doing ca after bcom is a wastage of time of two years

Yes they're Right But Its Depends on you really All three of them are extremly valuable professional qualification where in MBA You have a rnage of choice as to specialize in either Finance,Marketing Hr Etc that depends on you Where as CA and ACCA are sole Accounting qualifications one more thing when choosing between Ca and ACCA is
What are you future plans want to stay in Pakistan and stay at the Top No Doubt Do CA.
But if you Want to Go Abroad Definetly ACCA will serve you better
Best of luck choosing you Career
HEY FAIZAN

I WAS IN THE SAME PROBLEM FEW DAYS AGO !

ACCA AND CA ARE BOTH GOOD, BUT CA IS REALLY VER WELL PAID. SALARY RANGE IS FROM 25,OOO TO 55,OOO OR ABOVE, BUT THIS DEPENDS ON UR POTENTIONAL THAT HOW U HAVE DONE CA, IN HOW MANY YEARS AND WHAT IS UR TOTAL PERCENTAGE. ALTHOUGH CA IZ TOUGH AND LENGHTY, BUT NOW A DAYS IT IS THE MOST RESPECTED PROFESSION IN PAKISTAN , AND THE SALARY RANGES ARE HIGHEST.

IF U CAN DO HARD WORK THEN THE BEST IS CA, BUT IF U R NOT VRY HARDWORKING THAT ACCA IS BETTER FOR YOU.

B~COM IS REALLY NOT DOING WELL , BECAUSE NOW A`DAYS MILLS OR FIRMS OR BANKS ARE MOSTLY TAKING MBA`S OR CA`S OR ACCA`S.

AND IF U WANT ALL THE INFO ON CA, I CAN GIVE U.

CA IS BETTER THEN ACCA<b></b>
Faham,

Who told you that ACCA needs lesser hardwork than CA, both have almost same syllabus,
you also got some other misconceptions, it doesn't matterz in what time you complete your CA, and there is no concept of percentage in CA examination...whenever you will pass a Module you will get the result card stating "Pass" on its face, no percentages no GPAz and no product differentiation (apart from whehter you articled from Big 4 or other)
Maani whats wrong yaar, ACCA is tough agreed, but when you compare it with CA, it's quite easier. I can say half as easier. Syllabi are ofcourse quite similar but you have to consider that in b.com almost all of the subject which we study in CA are there with almost same range of syllabus. Examinations make the difference. Only the concept of Bad Fail makes CA much tough venture than ACCA even of other things are same.

I have not studied ACCA, but examples are ofcoure there. Many students switch from CA to ACCA reason being thier failure in the earlier and perform much better in the later.

I always say that it's a misconception that CA is extremely tough, there are other qualifications which are equally tough. Neither I say that ACCA is easy. But if both are to be compared according to my opinion ACCA is reasonably easier.

Shoaib