Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Plz help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guz
asalam-o-allaikum
i just completed my o levels and i m planning to go for actuarial sciences
i m stuck about the subjects which i need to obt to do actuarial programme
plz help me out
i need 3 subjects at a levels
king regards
altamish
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by strange_life</i>
<br />Hey guz
asalam-o-allaikum
i just completed my o levels and i m planning to go for actuarial sciences
i m stuck about the subjects which i need to obt to do actuarial programme
plz help me out
i need 3 subjects at a levels
king regards
altamish
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I did Maths, Further Maths and Economics at A Levels. And studying to become an actuary.

DT
according to me i feel like studying economics,business management,maths and accounts
is it a good combination?
is further maths necessary to study ?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by strange_life</i>
<br />according to me i feel like studying economics,business management,maths and accounts
is it a good combination?
is further maths necessary to study ?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I did actuarial science degree after my A Levels and I found my transition to university very easy my A levels in maths, further maths and economics. I think the more maths you do, it will make your life in the long run relatively easy. Don't know what business management entails but I would say this is something least relevant to Actuarial Science syllabus. Accounts may help you (as there is a course in accounting) but I would say stick with as traditional quantitative subjects as possible, in particular, if you have any plans to apply to good universities abroad for actuarial science undergradautes studies.

DO let us know what you think.

DT
I just finished my o levels and at that time i had a plan to become chartered accountant
i did my maths paper hoplessly but now a days i m crazy abt actuarial sciences
i feel like studying maths economics bussiness and accounts because my maths is pretty weak so if (God forbidd) i fail to achieve a good grade in maths i can switch over to CA becausr i feel that accounts is my strength.my parents forced me to study hard in accounts that's why i studied this subject thorougly...
now tellme wat u feel about the commbination
i will do my A levels privatly because i feel like going to skool is a waste of time and i should study math hard the whole day instead of wasting it in skool
is my decession brave to enter actuarial programme without having a good math background at the age of 17 ?
i will work hard and study as hard as possible to meet the requirements

do reply me
i m w8ing 4 ur comments
Kind regards
altamish