Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Engineer in Pakistan Audit and Accounts Services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<b>Hello Everyone,</b>
I am new comer to your forum and found it very informative.
I am basically an engineer and presently working as a professional engineer in a high tech organization. On the basis of CSS 05 i have been offered Pakistan Audit and Accounts group by Govt of Pak. Will somebody throw some light on the prospective, scope and nature of job under this group. What sort of professionalism needed, and can an engineering background help you in this field.
I will be obliged for your informative cooperation.
RAMAQ
Welcome to the forum, friend! Congratulations on passing your CSS examination. Of course, an excellent department has been allotted to you. Now, you have an excellent oppurtunity to take the exams of Pakistan Institute Of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA) under Govt. Sector Scheme. After qualifying PIPFA exams, you will be in a sound position to tackle the audit & accounts services. INSHALLAH!
Ramaq, since you have an engineering background, you will not have much difficulty in coming to terms with Accounting. Accounting is based on logic, analytical skills and some business sense. I have had a couple of colleagues who were Engineers and then got to be CAs they had little difficulty in numbers.

Here in the UK a lot of Accountants had Engineering majors in Uni as well.