Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Corporate Finance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam Guys

My name is Mohsin I work at Deloitte & Touche in England. I am thinking of applying for a position in our Corporate Finance department but being from a non-accountancy background I am not sure what academic knowledge i need to secure the position. I have a good working knowledge of Auditing and basic accounting.

What kind of work do you guys think is done in the Corp Finance dept?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wazeeri</i>
<br />Salam Guys

My name is Mohsin I work at Deloitte & Touche in England. I am thinking of applying for a position in our Corporate Finance department but being from a non-accountancy background I am not sure what academic knowledge i need to secure the position. I have a good working knowledge of Auditing and basic accounting.

What kind of work do you guys think is done in the Corp Finance dept?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Which office and what sector audit do you do? How long have you been with Deloitte and which, if any, professional qualification have you pursued or finished while in the profession?

The answers to above questions would give a better picture of your background and then the coming opinions would be much more tailored.

DT.
I work in a regional office so I haven't been assigned a specific industry, I am currently doing the ACA which is the English equivalent of Pakistani CA. I have passed 2 out 10 exams
Audit and Assurance
Accounting.