Accountancy Forum

Full Version: can ACMA(CIMA-UK) do auditing???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,
i have recently joined this forum bt i have been viziting n benifitting from it for quite some times. i have plans for
ACMA(CIMA,UK) after my mba(finance).

i have examined the pakistani counterpart of it, ACMA(ICMAP,PAK)m, also. ICMAP offers some auditing-related courses also. n ICMAP gives full exemptions to ACMA(CIMA,UK) and ACMA(SMA,CANADA) ie they have 2 take not a single ppr!!!
i wanna ask tht can CIMA members do auditing-related tasks within their company?

secondly, wht iz the scope of CIMA in recent future in pakistan? i know hardly ne1 knows abt it at the moment ...

lastly, although i have plans for CIMA after mba(finance), can u plz advise me wht other options i might consider??? i wanna do smthng tht i could carry on along with my job.

salaaam,
chaos (Y)

FARHAN

Edited by - the_farhan on Oct 22 2003 111924 PM
Hi Farhan

First of all you used the words Chaos (Y) in your message, it doesnot look very healthy for a young person like you to use such words when discussing career plans.

My information about CIMA (UK) is that they are unable to carry out statutory auditing tasks, however working in the internal audit depts. of companies are ok and many people work in such roles. However, if you are considering internal audit, you might would like to consider ICAP qulification coupled with an appropriate training program. It might be bit difficult, however it does provide more openings within pakistan.

You also asked about the future prospects of CIMA, let me tell you a golden rule of professionalism, TOP IS ALWAYS VACANT FOR THOSE WHO CAN MAKE IT. whether its cima or icap or anything else, if you got the drive to carry on fighting you will flourish. Trust me I have seen members of ICEAW failing to find a suitable placement. But I have also seen unqualified people driving organsations to new frontiers. so its down to yourself.

lastly, I believe MBA and Accountancy are opposite poles. If you are planning such a step, you need a lot of change inside yourself to gear up to the accountancy profession. It does provide lot more opportunites than MBA and a much stable future. If you are planning to work and stay within pakistan, I say ICAP could be a better choice as it appears in the foreseable future.

thanks
zubair

Mr Zubair quoted it correct.. TOP IS ALWAYS VACANT FOR THOSE WHO CAN MAKE IT... or as my father says... THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR THE BEST AT THE TOP...

So if you stand out of the crowd with your skills and qualifications, you can always make it to the top...

The future of CIMA as of now stands quite bright... I'll tell you why... Because after the intro of WTO within a couple of years, a lot of industries/multinational companies will be requiring ACMA's and CIMA's as there will be tough competition to strike in the market initially, or atleast thats what experienced professional individuals have told me.

hi all, AOA

many thnx, zubair n sumaaan, tht u responded me ... i shall b careful abt word "chaos" later on ..)))

i agree with both of u tht top is always vacant for best ... its is our attitude n competence tht matter in the end ...

many thnx once again ..

salaam (Y)

FARHAN
Assalamalaikum
Well farhan u see CIMA is a very good and prosperous qualification. and yes top is always vacant. But what you have to consider about pakistani job market is the fact that most of the existing companies already have CA's hoging the top places. Even the job adverts that come for the top post require a CA. I am not trying to discourage you from doing CIMA as the potential has to be within you. As far as doing CA is concerned I really dont think that its a good idea for you after MBA. although you can look at it but in my opinion it would be a better idea for you to consider qualifications like ACCA, CIMA or CMA from us.
As for internal audit, im not too sure but from what i know the code of corporate governance states that the head of internal audit can only be a CA or a CPA in public limited companies whereas as for private limited companies it can be anyone.

regards

OSA
Assalamalaikum
Well farhan u see CIMA is a very good and prosperous qualification. and yes top is always vacant. But what you have to consider about pakistani job market is the fact that most of the existing companies already have CA's hoging the top places. Even the job adverts that come for the top post require a CA. I am not trying to discourage you from doing CIMA as the potential has to be within you. As far as doing CA is concerned I really dont think that its a good idea for you after MBA. although you can look at it but in my opinion it would be a better idea for you to consider qualifications like ACCA, CIMA or CMA from us.
As for internal audit, im not too sure but from what i know the code of corporate governance states that the head of internal audit can only be a CA or a CPA in public limited companies whereas as for private limited companies it can be anyone.

regards

OSA
Why don't you consider ERP like SAP or Oracle training after MBA?
Ali, its been three years and I am sure Farhan is through.. what ever he decided on...