Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Is LSE good
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have got my name on the Lahore school of economics List for BBA. What i cannot decide is Is it better the Punjab University Lahore. i mean the credibility of the degree. Is LSe good than Punjab University in BBA.

Need answers soon
yes my friend LSE is much better then PU. but lse is also costly then PU so if u can bear the cost u must go for it.
but remember after BBA u must hav to go for MBA . so again if u can afford both BBA+MBA from lse then it is THE BEST but if u can afford only 1 then u may do BBA from PU and MBA from LSE or from lums.

one of my cousin done MBA from there and now enjoying a very good job
In my view, BBA from PU-IBA is almost equal in recognition to that of LSE-BBA.
LSE is better for sure..infact LSE competes with LUMS...i dun hav accurate figures but when i was looking for my admission after inter i checked uni's ranking & LSE ranked among well reputed uni's in UK
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>
<br />LSE is better for sure..infact LSE competes with LUMS...i dun hav accurate figures but when i was looking for my admission after inter i checked uni's ranking & LSE ranked among well reputed uni's in UK
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

These guys are talking about 'Lahore' School of Economics and not 'London' School of Economics. LahoreSE may well be in competition with LUMS but LondonSE is certainly not.

DT
ohh thx 4 correction i thit they r talikng abt londonSE
LondonSE may well be in competition with LUMS but LahoreSE is certainly not.& i m talking abt economics porgram of LSE..as per my knowlegde itz a well renowned program as compared to eco program of LUMS..so wat u say
LUMS is well known mainly 4 its MBA and LSE 4 its Eco program
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by insaan</i>

LSE 4 its Eco program
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think that is a fair comment. However, economics is not the only programme at LSE that is usually ranked one of the best in the world. Econ modules are generally easier than some of the other progs and so it might be little easier to score a very high grade. At the end of the day your degree worth is halved the day you get your first job. After your first day at work, the skills that you would acquire plus your intelligence/hard work would make the difference.

DT
Degree is gonna count more than your skills and hard work atleast in your first job. In my opinion LahoreSE is much better for BBA than PU.