Accountancy Forum

Full Version: How to start in Actuarial Sciences?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
asalam wa alaikum
I am a student BE Computer Systems (3rd year)in NED university of Engg and Technology.I am thinking to start my career in actuarial field now,so i want to know that how should i start my career and whom should i contact at first to know abt the courses and exam shedule.I have read on a website http//www.akhasan.com/akhasan/actuary.htm that to start actuarial career in pakistan the minimum requirement is 70% in HSC and 80% in mathematics.I fullfill the first requirement of 70% in HSC but i have got 79% in mathematics of HSC,but i have got a 3 yrs teaching experience of mathematics(O-Levels and HSC).So pls tell me that how can i be eligible to be an actuarial student.
ozair siddiqui
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ozair siddiqui</i>
<br />asalam wa alaikum
I am a student BE Computer Systems (3rd year)in NED university of Engg and Technology.I am thinking to start my career in actuarial field now,so i want to know that how should i start my career and whom should i contact at first to know abt the courses and exam shedule.I have read on a website http//www.akhasan.com/akhasan/actuary.htm that to start actuarial career in pakistan the minimum requirement is 70% in HSC and 80% in mathematics.I fullfill the first requirement of 70% in HSC but i have got 79% in mathematics of HSC,but i have got a 3 yrs teaching experience of mathematics(O-Levels and HSC).So pls tell me that how can i be eligible to be an actuarial student.
ozair siddiqui
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The fact that you just missed a percentage in your maths course doesn't you can't become an actuary. I think you may want to get register with the actuarial profession (IOA or SOA) and try to give at least a couple of the exams. If you do that and provided you pass them, employers would see the potential in you and perhaps overlook your deficiency in maths at HSC.

DT.
<font size="2"><font color="red">Institute of Actuaries </font id="red">
<font color="blue">Staple Inn Hall
High Holborn
London WCIV7QJ, UK
<font color="purple"><u>www.actuaries.org.uk</u></font id="purple"></font id="blue">

<font color="red">Society of Actuaries</font id="red">
<font color="blue">475 N. Martingale Road
Suite 800
Schaumburg, IL 60173-2226, U S A
<font color="purple"><u>www.soa.org</u></font id="purple">
</font id="blue">

<font color="red">Chartered Insurance</font id="red">
<font color="blue">Different qualifications offered by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), London, UK are valuable and accepted globally in insurance market. State Life also recognizes these qualifications and encourages its employees to pursue them. The CII offers following qualifications on earning prescribed number of credits

• Certificate CII
• Diploma CII
• Associate CII
• Fellow CII</font id="blue">
For further details, please log on to the website of the CII
<u><font color="purple">www.cii.co.uk</font id="purple"></u>

<font color="red">Life Management</font id="red">
<font color="blue">Life Office Management Association (LOMA), USA offers different qualifications for management of life and health insurance. Most cardinal of these is Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI). State Life encourages its employees for pursuing these qualifications. For further details about different qualifications offered by LOMA, please log on to their website </font id="blue">
<u><font color="purple">www.loma.org</font id="purple"></u></font id="size2">
Asalam o Alaikum
i m doing BE Textilez frm NED .I just gav my 3rd yr pprz.i wanna info. abt Acturial sciences.
plz ppl send me the whole info. to my e-mail address
muhdaamirkhan@hotmail.com
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smarty_aamir</i>
<br />Asalam o Alaikum
i m doing BE Textilez frm NED .I just gav my 3rd yr pprz.i wanna info. abt Acturial sciences.
plz ppl send me the whole info. to my e-mail address
muhdaamirkhan@hotmail.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

How about you asking us your specific questions?