Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Coke and Pepsi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These two multinationals are suffering huge sales losses for the last two years in India since a real human rights activists and protector of citizens rights NGO had disclosed that **** being sold in India contains highly dangerous level of pesticides in it. This disclosure however was not that strange as it is well known a fact that for these developed superpowers people of third world countries are merely creatures and not human beings. The example is they do not allow medicines in their own countries unless those are “proved” on these creatures of third world. However the surprising is that an NGO for the last two years is selflessly in the interest of citizens is struggling hard and with bravery is facing mega multinationals. We the Pakistanis are really unfortunate in this regards that there are no real human rights activists, social workers or real NGOs who work for real betterment of citizens and not for the personal show and welfare of the officer bearers. This is the reason so far real matters of community collective concern have never ever been raised by any NGO, any citizen forums etc in Pakistan except for those which could boost name of NGOs and may create better personal relationship with higher authorities.
You are right when you said that there are no real human rights activists, or real NGOs in Pakistan. And, perhaps, there is not a straightforward denial regarding the testing of Drugs on creature. Had we been at their place, we would have also behaved in similar manner.

Anyhow, this is not the main point here. Propaganda against Pepsi and Coke (No need I feel to hide their names) was highly activated a little while ago in Pakistan, and that was the time some local of disguised multi nationals were about to launch their soft drinks. Quite intelligently that propaganda was put forward pointing towards most sensitive issue for emotional but unaware Muslims. Referring to Pepsi as a stupid acronym and same sort of things were said about coke. But those marketing strategy developers forget that no marketing is going to be effective until their products have some quality. I don't know about India but in Pakistan Pepsi and Coke are definitely more hygienic than other carbonated drinks. Hence, the result of such propaganda was not long lasting, however, atleast a minimum target was achieved. No Pepsi or Coke is there in Punjab University and other Jamiat held institutes in Lahore.

And, I strongly doubt that situation was more or less same in India.

Shoaib
i feel that the youth is not addicted to Pepsi or coke. its just the quality of it which matters. none of the local softlinks can yet compete it. they should improve their quality to capture the market.