Accountancy Forum

Full Version: applying for firms in UAE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can anybody plz tell me tht what is the procedure for applying for ICAP firms situated in UAE ?? If anybody can provide me with details regarding the whole matter of articleshiop in UAE then i shall appreciate it.
You can find the list of ICAP firms abroad from ICAP's directory and web
<b>Schuaeb</b> Do you think it is alright to go to a ICAP memeber firm in UAE (Sajjad Haider). Is there any worth, coz i heard from a cousins doing Mod F, that if i want to go to dubai, i should only go in the big four, but i dont know if ICAP accepts that or for that matter, if the big four accept me..

PLease reply soon. A helpful reply would be really really appreciated!
You have heard right Khuldun, it will only make sense to go to Dubai to a Big4 after you have qualified. All Pakistani (ICAP) firms are tier 2 and 3 in UAE and would not necessarily sponsor you with the work visa. So it is some thing for a Pakistani expatriate living in UAE (on hos father's visa) and aiming for a Pakistani CA.

Shuaeb your que,,
what will be the drawbacks if i spend money n all to go to UAE and get into a firm like Sajjad, Haider & Co. ??
Pracs you are right that an ICAP trainee can't get his training from big4 in UAE, as ICAP wont approve such contract.

Now the question is ICAP's firm will be willingly to recruit a student and fulfill the visa or other requirements. A Pakistani expatriate having concerned knowledge may guide you better. But I am not sure how you would find one.

The only solution for those who want to do articles in UAE is that they first contact the firm via e mail, telephone, and if they get a green signal then they should go their. Otherwise it seems somewhat risky.

I can't say what would be the worth of getting training from tier 2 or 3 firms in UAE, but one thing I have heard is that UAE is a growing market for accountants. So, getting articles from UAE for the purpose of getting job there does not seem a useless advice. One more thing which I have heard is that UAE firms are quite willing to recruit students, however, one should be there for this purpose.

So I would recommend to such students who want to get training from UAE that contact the firms there in UAE (all of them, you may find their detailed addresses, telephones, emails in ICAP's directory) and then decide according to the situation. And, also do us all know the information you get in this respect.

Shoaib
Are there any good CA firms (ICAP members) in Kuwait or Qatar? If yes, please tell me their names. Thankyou
Sunny I don't think that there are any good ICAP firms in UAE. You can find the names of the firms in ICAP's directory.
ya, i checked it out, there aren't any ICAP firms, but there are a few individual members serving in different companies in Gulf.